1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Is it too early to be burned out this week?

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by Xgmoney666x, May 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Xgmoney666x

Xgmoney666x Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I know it's only Saturday, but Im already tired of driving this week. Since yesterday I found myself running out of patience and being burned out. Maybe it's because I haven't had my daily Starbucks coffee (which has 3x amount of caffeine of a Redbull) or could be that I'm only used to driving 6 hours a day. How are you guys holding up? Like Champs I take it.

2. Driving for????

Driving for???? Well-Known Member

Same here . last week work like crazy and this week nothing. Burned out.
    I will be status less next week. Haven't take enough calls for metal thingy

3. 20yearsdriving

20yearsdriving Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    Uber on my ......

4. jaywaynedubya

jaywaynedubya Well-Known Member

Same here I was thinking the same yesterday evening, and went home early with the expectation of going out again later but went out with my girl. I'll definitely be done in the next 5 hours as I have a flight to go see my moms for mother day.

Already did 50 hours and am expecting 1800 for the week.

5. oscardelta

oscardelta Well-Known Member

I only drove for less than six months. As the weeks went by I found it harder and harder to turn the app on and hit the road. It seems that a very, very small percentage of people are really cut out for this type of work.

6. afrojoe824

afrojoe824 Well-Known Member

Went home today and took a nap from 1-4. I was so tired. Gonna drive till midnight tonight that's it

7. Xgmoney666x

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Yeah had my daily goal set, but I'm feeling like I need a good break for th start of next weeks inventive.

8. Xgmoney666x

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    A nap sure sounds good right now. Good luck tonight man. Gettem!

9. Xgmoney666x

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Just got a Select ping for Compton. 15 minutes away and only 1.4 (non-core guarantee) No thanks.

Attached Files:

10. Russ Reed

Russ Reed Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Its NOT that, its just hard to get more w/ the onslaught of drivers and UBER's passive aggressive tactics

11. Xgmoney666x

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I feel ya. I usually pride myself in how patient I am. My last job was in Orange County so I was basically wasting 2 hours a day in pure driving in traffic. I thought I had all the patience needed for this job. I'll find out soon enough lol

KekeLo and tohunt4me like this.
  12. oscardelta

oscardelta Well-Known Member

It IS that. Most people are not capable of turning driving people around in their car into a profitable business. What seems easy at first quickly becomes more trouble than it's worth. Most of the people who boast about "having a system" are lying to themselves.

This isn't profitable. Surge, no surge, XL, Select. Doesn't matter. Unless Uber begins to actively subsidize your gas and maintenance, there is no magic ticket to making this profitable long-term.

13. uberray25

uberray25 Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Did 3.30 hour long select drive from topanga canyon to diamond bar. Got really tired last night because there was an accident on 60 and was driving like a snail. Taking day off today. Might go out tomorrow.

14. Russ Reed

Russ Reed Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    ( whispers ) he's new...

uberray25, FUberX, KekeLo and 2 others like this.
  15. XUberMike

XUberMike Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It not lack of coffee/Redbull it's the fact you need a meaner nastier partner...then you'll look forward to getting out of the house and driving. Right now you have something too warm and cuddly, change that...

16. 20yearsdriving

20yearsdriving Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    The planets aligned
    I've seen the light
    This revelation solves the puzzle !!!

17. XUberMike

Driving:
    UberX
    The world is your oyster my son ;)

KekeLo, UberLaLa, tohunt4me and 4 others like this.
  18. Optimus Uber

Optimus Uber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    I'm with you. Probably only gold this week. Took last night off and haven't worked today. Spent time with kids and GF. Have to have family time. That's the reason we work.

Looks slow out there anyway. Might go out tomorrow but feels good to have the weekend back.

Have to take time off. Need to recharge the batteries. Otherwise you'll get cranky.

uberalles60, KekeLo, UberLaLa and 9 others like this.
  19. XUberMike

Driving:
    UberX
    Phew, now I know why your never cranky.
    ;)

As for me TIN next week as well, I'm joyus

20. Western Warrior

Western Warrior Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    With longer waits between pings I'm finding it harder to stay awake. If it goes beyond 10 min I find myself wanting to shut the app off, get my flight pillow, kick the seat back and catch a few zzz's.

KekeLo, Queenofthepak, jayRex and 6 others like this.
  21. Sluber

Sluber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    definitely not a normal saturday...especially when 2.2 hit at 3p...less demand today