Is it seriously this dry?

chrisbk88

I made $76 in 3 hours so I can't complain but it dried up after 5pm. Am I damn fool if I don't get out north by 9pm? Right now it's completely dead

I already know some people are thinking why would they answer this question and create more competition.

U for Uber

Who are we to blame if we don't get pings? Chicago is saturated with a lot of summer part-timers... like me:p. I have the hourly G, so I'm just doing fine in the burbs. It's 8:30pm right now and my map shows no surge... RIP.

Hercharm

Surge happening at the south Shore cultural center because of the Margarita fest, but only xl is surging... I've gotten screwed all day by uber, they keep giving me uberx fares, and not a one of xl rates.

chrisbk88

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They text me this at 9:30

"UBER ALERT: Lollapalooza Day 3 is about to get out. Head to Grant Park now to take advantage of big earnings and seriously high surge multipliers!"

What surge?

driving312

I would block Uber texts (and Lyft) but that is also how Uber sends half the Guarantees...can't live with them, can't live without them!

chrisbk88

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ended up being a pretty great day after all. Some may think I made pennies but I won't cry about $23/hr when I work a full time for less. Although the afternoon was seriously dead as hell. Didn't pick up until after 10.

If I can make $130 today I'll be super happy.

Attachments

Last edited:

U for Uber

Ended up being a pretty great day after all. Some may think I made pennies but I won't cry about $23/hr when I work a full time for less. Although the afternoon was seriously dead as hell. Didn't pick up until after 10.

If I can make $130 today I'll be super happy.
Not to be nit picky butttttttt, you need to divide by 8.25 to see what you actually made hourly. Also, 8hours of driving probably burned a tank so ~$25 on gas. $19/hr still solid

Stlman

Why / by 8.25? And also if you worked 8 hrs your not burning a full tank of gas. I worked 8 hrs drove 133 miles and netted $229 on lyft and only used a little over a quarter of a tank