• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is it rude not to tip food delivery?

Does it bother you that someone didn't tip you after delivering food in a storm?

• Yes it does. Those customers are pure garbage and deserve cold food

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • No it does not. I don't care if I'm tipped

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Yes it bothers me but I still deliver food on time and warm

Votes: 32 32.0%

• Total voters

bobby747

now see somehow related.
texas roadhouse steak house last nt. very nice waitress . bill $60 wife steak me lite. i used my bank card gave her $20 bill should be $80.
checked my bank $60 hold. if tommorow no tip to waitress. i will call and add back the $20. if it dont get adjusted

EasyRider1

I'm curious what people else where feel about tipping.

I personally feel that people who don't tip their food delivery especially ones who got their food from someone who drove in a storm are pure garbage and deserve cold food. I don't know about your market but in mine we aren't provided commercial insurance. So if we get into an accident our personal insurance won't cover us at all. So we are taking a huge risk. So to not tip when that person's taken the risk is just pure shit

Do these @@@@@@@@ deserve cold food?
I try to do my job as well as I possibly can. My acceptance rate in DD is 44% though. I don't accept non tip orders because it disgusts me and won't deliver food to these @@@@@@@@.

However, if I decide to accept the trip, I'd deliver the food professionally. I won't like that person but I'd keep it too myself.

Purposely making sure the food is cold, just makes you a different kind of scumbag.

bobbbobbobb

Once you know there is a constant and never-ending effort by all of the gig-driver companies to reduce driver pay and to withhold information from drivers that delays their ability to know they're making less, then withholding tips is massively irritating. I also understand that most customers of these services are completely unaware that driver pay constantly goes down in terms of both actual dollars and inflation-adjusted dollars. I think they've been sold the idea that drivers don't have to be tipped, and that somehow gives relief and comfort to the customer. Uber very actively sold that idea. I think customers have also been sold on the idea that the cost of the service they use never goes up.

Last edited:

Crosbyandstarsky

I'm curious what people else where feel about tipping.

I personally feel that people who don't tip their food delivery especially ones who got their food from someone who drove in a storm are pure garbage and deserve cold food. I don't know about your market but in mine we aren't provided commercial insurance. So if we get into an accident our personal insurance won't cover us at all. So we are taking a huge risk. So to not tip when that person's taken the risk is just pure shit

Do these @@@@@@@@ deserve cold food?
I don’t care. I’ve been in a tipping field my whole life. I don’t expect them. I didn’t grow up in the world of entitlement and I think it’s sad people think everyone should tip them

Fuzzyelvis

many years 2nd job , pizza delivery. tipping is a must. maybe guys had the awful attitude that they dont tip. mess with the food. customers always said that. 100% for many years. i never ever though of being so low.
but..but.but.
if you got a late delivery with a pizza. smile to the one who stiffed you 15 times in a row. shake the living shit out of the box.
2 good things happens.
1 his or her pizza is a mess . 1/2 not eatable.
#2 he must wait till next day as the pizza oven is now off..do with other foods. only if 100% bad customer
I have delivered pizza since 1998. The drivers know who the non tippers are. They may get their pizza boxes not put in the insulated bag, opened under the a/c in the car, and their soda will be well shaken just before the driver gets out of the car.

If it's busy and the driver has multiple deliveries the non tipper will get their delivery last even if they live next door to the store and the other deliveries are at the edge of the delivery area miles away.

If the driver is hungry the pizza may be a little short on toppings. But most of us are smart enough to know not to leave any DNA on it these days.
Post automatically merged:

Bonus Facts:

• About one in three people sneeze when suddenly exposed to bright sunlight.
It's any bright light. Not just sunlight. I'm one of those people.
Post automatically merged:

now see somehow related.
texas roadhouse steak house last nt. very nice waitress . bill $60 wife steak me lite. i used my bank card gave her $20 bill should be $80.
checked my bank $60 hold. if tommorow no tip to waitress. i will call and add back the $20. if it dont get adjusted
The tip is always a bit later than the original charge. Give it a couple days.

Last edited:

Dekero

If your too damn broke to tip the delivery driver then your broke ass needs to fix grilled cheese and tomato soup and not eat out....

Trifling ass people.... It's sad they even had to ask if you should tip your delivery driver. If your one who doesn't I hope your food gets spit on.

Act like you have some home training... Jesus...I text my delivery driver that I have a $10 spot in cash waiting for him....

My food always arrives quick and hot.... Try it... It works...

Demon

If your too damn broke to tip the delivery driver then your broke ass needs to fix grilled cheese and tomato soup and not eat out....

Trifling ass people.... It's sad they even had to ask if you should tip your delivery driver. If your one who doesn't I hope your food gets spit on.

Act like you have some home training... Jesus...I text my delivery driver that I have a $10 spot in cash waiting for him....

My food always arrives quick and hot.... Try it... It works...
They’ve done studies and shown it doesn’t work.
So many drivers don’t understand tipping.

Dekero

You don’t. It has nothing to do with if the person is cheap or not.
Whatever you say.... I did 10 Uber eats rides with not a single tip. I hand deliver the food ... Say thanks, and I'm very friendly... Not a dime...I then contacted Uber support and had it removed from my app.

I REPEAT.... PEOPLE ARE CHEAP ASSES..

Demon

Whatever you say.... I did 10 Uber eats rides with not a single tip. I hand deliver the food ... Say thanks, and I'm very friendly... Not a dime...I then contacted Uber support and had it removed from my app.

I REPEAT.... PEOPLE ARE CHEAP ASSES..
Still has nothing to do with that.

Dekero

Still has nothing to do with that.
Then what the @@@@ does it have to do with... Cuz I'm tired of telling you your wrong.... Since I can't figure it out... How bout you enlighten the rest of us as to why broke ass people order food when they can't thank their servers by tipping...?? I'm all ears.... Dear lord...

Demon

Then what the @@@@ does it have to do with... Cuz I'm tired of telling you your wrong.... Since I can't figure it out... How bout you enlighten the rest of us as to why broke ass people order food when they can't thank their servers by tipping...?? I'm all ears.... Dear lord...
Again, it's still an issue you choose not to understand. You're not asking people to "thank you" you're being entitled & demanding.

Dekero

Again, it's still an issue you choose not to understand. You're not asking people to "thank you" you're being entitled & demanding.
Dear lord... You can't even answer your own statement much less.make.anysense... moving on. Thanks for playing.