• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is it rude not to tip food delivery?

Does it bother you that someone didn't tip you after delivering food in a storm?

• Yes it does. Those customers are pure garbage and deserve cold food

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • No it does not. I don't care if I'm tipped

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Yes it bothers me but I still deliver food on time and warm

Votes: 32 32.0%

• Total voters

RideshareDog

I'm curious what people else where feel about tipping.

I personally feel that people who don't tip their food delivery especially ones who got their food from someone who drove in a storm are pure garbage and deserve cold food. I don't know about your market but in mine we aren't provided commercial insurance. So if we get into an accident our personal insurance won't cover us at all. So we are taking a huge risk. So to not tip when that person's taken the risk is just pure shit

Do these @@@@@@@@ deserve cold food?

Invisible

People who don’t tip for delivery are cheap. And to not tip when someone is risking an accident or their lives in bad weather, is just being a jerk.

Those customers should be ashamed of themselves. They can go get their own food or just make some at home. They try to justify it, as some members here have, but it’s just bad etiquette and selfishness.

WindyCityAnt

The problem here is this.

Food is charged a 30% tax by any 3rd company involved.

Customer pays much more for it upfront off the bat, thinking its you that gets that! Well you get NOTHING for itkeep in mind.

3rd party tells them its all payed for. No “Gratuity needed” So guess what kinda tip you get?

As well as that 3rd party company just profited, oh btw. Your car will smell like crap if you transport pax also. Perfect for them. Only the blinded can NOT see that stuff! Watch your rate cards clos

I never do eats ever because of this. Pax are more fun, pay better and tip.

I choose only establishments that have private drivers themselves only because of this flaw. Then tip them well in my local area accordingly. With a flat 4$ delivery fee on top of it.

Watch what your doing out there people, there is so much lose revenue you are not paying attention too! These companies are sucking you dry!
Post automatically merged:

Don't be a millennial and order through a 3rd party, call the freaken place or order online directly. Hello!!!

RideshareDog

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The problem here is this.

Food is charged a 30% tax by any 3rd company involved.

Customer pays much more for it upfront off the bat, thinking its you that gets that! Well you get NOTHING for itkeep in mind.

3rd party tells them its all payed for. No “Gratuity needed” So guess what kinda tip you get?

As well as that 3rd party company just profited, oh btw. Your car will smell like crap if you transport pax also. Perfect for them. Only the blinded can NOT see that stuff! Watch your rate cards clos

I never do eats ever because of this. Pax are more fun, pay better and tip.

I choose only establishments that have private drivers themselves only because of this flaw. Then tip them well in my local area accordingly. With a flat 4$ delivery fee on top of it.

Watch what your doing out there people, there is so much lose revenue you are not paying attention too! These companies are sucking you dry!

Don't be a millennial and order through a 3rd party, call the freaken place or order online directly. Hello!!!
Ya that could be it but like these apps default to a tip. These none tippers are making an effort to remove the tip from the order and its well established now that delivery people aren't being paid properly by the media. At least it was. Maybe people forgot.

To go and remove that tip in a storm is purge garbage.

Attachments

MiamiKid

I'm curious what people else where feel about tipping.

I personally feel that people who don't tip their food delivery especially ones who got their food from someone who drove in a storm are pure garbage and deserve cold food. I don't know about your market but in mine we aren't provided commercial insurance. So if we get into an accident our personal insurance won't cover us at all. So we are taking a huge risk. So to not tip when that person's taken the risk is just pure shit

Do these @@@@@@@@ deserve cold food?
Definitely would not tip a driver with your attitude. And yes, still expect warm food.

My two cents.
😎

la pulga

yes, tipping is requried on ALL DELIVERIES. If you don't tip, then I will cough on your food. heck, I will drive in the cold weather while holding your food outside the window if you don't tip me.

Tipping is mandatory, and no if or but.

I will snap my finger Thanos style at all non tippers.

MiamiKid

yes, tipping is requried on ALL DELIVERIES. If you don't tip, then I will cough on your food. heck, I will drive in the cold weather while holding your food outside the window if you don't tip me.

Tipping is mandatory, and no if or but.

I will snap my finger Thanos style at all non tippers.
See you're in Toronto. Won't be visiting there anytime soon. But,very good at deactivating drivers with your kind of attitude.

BTW: Tips are included with Uber Eats. Looks you're with the wrong company.
😎

.......and average tip 🤣
Yup, think I would tip la pulga. Two cents. 🤣

la pulga

See you're in Toronto. Won't be visiting there anytime soon. But,very good at deactivating drivers with your kind of attitude.

BTW: Tips are included with Uber Eats. Looks you're with the wrong company.
😎

Yup, think I would tip la pulga. Two cents. 🤣
lol...don't balme me. what i wrote is what OP had writted on another thread. we disagreed with him so he decided to post it here. thinking Americans will agree with him.

fast forward to page 17 and 3rd post on that page.

5☆OG

This is absolutely correct. Teach your children, if you can’t afford to tip for the service you shouldn’t order the service.
Isint it amazing how they will pay all sorts of service fees and add ons and when it comes to receiving the product ,all of a sudden they are broke? Nope its a conscious decision to f over the driver,why? Because they have been trained that they can...fing pathetic loser....

Cold Fusion

if you can’t afford to tip for the service you shouldn’t order the service.
The scary thing is you believe this.

Real World 🌍:
Business leaders, politicians, stockholders, consumers and society as a whole categorically disagree with your sentiments.

If u want a guarantee of higher tips become a Barber 💈,Bartender
Golf ⛳ Caddy or Exotic Dancer 💃

5☆OG

The scary thing is you believe this.

Real World 🌍:
Business leaders, politicians, stockholders, consumers and society as a whole categorically disagree with your sentiments.

If u want a guarantee of higher tips become a Barber 💈,Bartender
Golf ⛳ Caddy or Exotic Dancer 💃
Scum is scum...it is a custom in this country ESPECIALLY IN LAS VEGAS.....it is presumed that if you do an excellent job that you will be rewarded for service. The problem is these people were given the ok to be mooches and they take full advantage of course its not mandatory...its a courtesy..which people lack sorely in todays world.

MiamiKid

If I was an exotic dancer, no way I’m getting tips!!!!!
Just pour some stiff drinks. That'll do it. 👍

And if a driver has an attitude, poor dress, rotten customer service or filthy car, he/she deserves ZERO tip!

LOVE watching these entitled drivers squirm on this forum. Great entertainment. 🤣
And of course if drivers provide excellent service, like I do, they'll always receive a generous tip 💸 from my end. 👍

5☆OG

And if a driver has an attitude, poor dress, rotten customer service or filthy car, he/she deserves ZERO tip!

LOVE watching these entitled drivers squirm on this forum. Great entertainment. 🤣
I agree with that..im not one of those people.i would have thought that to be understood. Do you think my rating is so high for no reason?

RideshareDog

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

I absolutely agree my problem is in my city there are a large groups of people who for whatever reason think it's okay not to tip. No matter what the quality of service is. A good number of them have money a lot of money living in big homes or expensive condos. They come here raise our rent and property prices making that tip ever more needed and then they stiff us. And I got this sad people in the Toronto sub-forum all saying it's not required to tip. How could u not want more money?