• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is it possible to this...

Aqib

I wanted to ask whether it would be possible to get licensed in one county and then undertake the ignition in another county? For example, licensed in Birmingham, and to take ignition onboarding in Manchester. Thank you.

cough

Bet you thought you would be dead before anyone answered you.
In answer to your question, who knows, nobody there seems to give a chit about anything.

Aqib

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
cough, thank you for getting back. Either everyone is busy - or... :smiles:
It's extremely difficult getting reliable information. Even speaking to the Birmingham Uber, they were not sure and very vague.
What I don't want to do is spend money to get a licence and find out I can't onboard at another city.

cough

i
cough, thank you for getting back. Either everyone is busy - or... :smiles:
It's extremely difficult getting reliable information. Even speaking to the Birmingham Uber, they were not sure and very vague.
What I don't want to do is spend money to get a licence and find out I can't onboard at another city.
Once you are onboarded you can drive anywhere you like you just have to activate in the area when you get there.
I'm sure they are always looking for drivers in most areas. Although the fact that Uber don't know should be ringing alarm bells.
I myself would not this again.

Aqib

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Birmingham are not onboarding. Possibly until the end of the year. Also other midland centre like Leicester, Nottingham also. So that take Midlands out of the equation.
So, I was thinking to get a licence in Birmingham/Solihull/walsall/or Wolverhampton and onboard in Manchester. I don't mind doing a few shifts in Manchester initially.

mods1964

Think you all better read your emails because if your working in an area that your not licenced.. You have been well and truly ubered !!!:-):-)

defector

Yes you are correct, but believe me it will make a massive difference to Manchester as there are hundreds of Wolverhampton drivers (as well as from Rossendale, Knowsley, Sefton, Rossendale, Kirklees etc etc etc) who fall outside Greater Manchester and will not be able to work there.
At last the Manchester licenced PH and Uber drivers can get some decent income, and i'm sure the Manchester Hackney boys will see something as well.

It will be even better once the cross border hiring is scrapped in legislation.

defector

Uber have registered offices in most of the bigger cities and towns where these drivers are licensed that go on to work in the larger cities like Birmingham and Manchester.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Complaints 6
olwsilo Advice 5
Alexmaywood New Jersey 16