• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is it legal to urinate in a car?

Coachman

No, urinating in one's car is illegal and could subject you to fines and even arrest depending on your state's laws. There's no expectation of privacy in a car while you're out in public.
I have a plan. If I'm ever flagged by a cop while peeing in the car I'll hide my bottle real quick and tell them I pulled over due to a cramp.

reg barclay

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, urinating in one's car is illegal and could subject you to fines and even arrest depending on your state's laws. There's no expectation of privacy in a car while you're out in public.
Speaking from no legal expertise, and completely off the top of my head. But there appear to be two separate issues here: 1.) Public urination, which I'm supposing is more of a fineable offence 2.) Public indecency or exposure, which might be more likely if the act was misinterpreted and/or a cop wanted to be particularly strict.
Post automatically merged:

I use a gatorade bottle and it tucks away in my center console. I empty it after each use.
I keep a gatorade bottle as well. I usually wear jogging pants while driving, so I 'm able to use it without any exposure whatsoever. Obviously if I have to resort to that though, I'll try to find a discreet place to park.

My usual order of preference is as follows. If I'm within a mile or so of a public bathroom, I'll usually drive there. Otherwise I'll go for a secluded spot behind some trees, or for the gatorade bottle, depending on the circumstances.

Last edited:

DriverMark

I don't pee in the car. But after 11:00 pm I'm always watering the landscaping. Living in a desert I figure it's the least I can do.

New2This

I can honestly say at 6000+ rides I've never been tempted to pee in a container in the car.

I drive mostly at night and there are plenty of spots to pull over and "grab something out of the trunk" where it's dark and secluded.

Another Uber Driver

zswell 2000ML Unisex Travel Pee Urinal Potty Bottle High Capacity Thicken Urinal with Removable Long Handle Brush Cleaning Brush and Disposable Gloves (Blue)
by zswell
$13.99

Available on Amazondotcom

Ask me why I have this sneaking suspicion that links to that particular website ain't 'llowed on this hyar' forum.

I take a knew so it looks like im checking my tires or undercarriage. Just dont piss on your knee.
at least you know your tire tread depth on daily basis lol

^^^^^^^^These two posts remind me of a Boudreaux and Thibodeaux joke.............^^^^^^^^

Pax Collector

Speaking from no legal expertise, and completely off the top of my head. But there appear to be two separate issues here: 1.) Public urination, which I'm supposing is more of a fineable offence 2.) Public indecency or exposure, which might be more likely if the act was misinterpreted and/or a cop wanted to be particularly strict.
Correct. That's pretty much what you'll be facing.

MoneyMitch

I'm going to be that guy and ask that question (and it's a legitimate not sarcastic one)...what do women U/L drivers do when they need to take an emergency #1?

JimKE

Reminds of a silly little poem my grandfather used to recite:

As you go through life,
two rules will never bend.
Never whittle towards yourself
nor pee against the wind.
I was on a dive boat in the Florida Keys one day and it was pretty rough on the way back -- 4 foot seas, which is downright bouncy in a medium sized boat. And it had also been kind of a bumpy ride at the reef for the snorklers.

So one tourist lady got sick. She went to the stern of the boat to puke overboard, and puked directly into about a 20 kt wind. It was ugly...and a long ride back to the dock even after the crew hosed her off!