• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is it just me....

jfinks

or have tips really fallen to nil lately. Not like they were that great to begin with but damn almost nothing now.

Guess my rider rating crusade continues. 3 max. It feels weird giving 3 stars to almost all riders at first after freely delving out 5 stars for so long. But after a while it just becomes the new normal.

gambler1621

My other business has taken off lately. Working 80+ hrs a week took it's toll. So, I took most of last week off from driving. I am planning on hitting it hard for 3 weeks again. Hopefully people will be in the Chtistmas giving spirit.

NGOwner

I haven't noticed a downward trend in tipping much, frankly. It's still about the same in app.

Cash tipping is down to almost nil. Cash tips happen maybe once every 20-30 rides.

Because I have to rate immediately after Uber, and have no chance to change the rating, I can't bring myself to rate people below a five unless they really screw the pooch somehow.

Lyft is a whole nother story:

Min ride, no tip. 3 star. Never want to see their sorry asses again.
Any ride greater than min, no tip. Four star. I'll give them another chance to make things right. If I see you again, and you don't tip, despite the hints I'll drop on the second ride, three star.
Any ride + tip. Five star.

I go back to the Lyft app within 24 hours and make sure to adjust accordingly (as Lyft defaults to 5 star after 24 hours).

[NG]Owner

jfinks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had a thread on this a while back. Way I figure 1 in 10 riders might tip so I 3 star almost everyone. That is at least a 90% correct rating based on tips. I go down from there like if they took forever to get to car. Probably a 2. Then if they are really annoying in some way, goes to 1.
Of course this is all secret, never mention the max they are getting is 3, lol...

Like I said, on Uber it feels weird at first to consistently rate 3 stars because you are conditioned to rate the default 5. After a while it becomes natural.

Last edited:

kcchiefsfan1982

I rate everyone 5 stars...except, just one time, I gave a guy 1 star. You all are crazy!!! A little bit.

The thing that really grinds my gears is when I get rated a 4 star and no tip! WOW! The never of these ppl! I only have 8 of them ever, but still...what the hell are you expecting from a ride that goes from point A to point B? Do you want your sack or your mound massaged or what? I just give rides. Safe rides. Clean Car. Friendly Convo. That is a damn 5. No, I do not give out water.

jfinks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know, I had a ride a week or so ago. It was just going to be a few minutes. The guy said I was quiet like he wanted to engage in some sort of conversation. It was late and I had been driving for a while so was probably tired. At one point I mentioned my job was to drive from point A to point B, safely. He didn't seem to think that was enough. 2 star on lyft. lol