1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Is it just me?

Discussion in 'San Diego' started by Zane_SD, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Zane_SD

Zane_SD

Or is San Diego so damn saturated that surge rarely occurs. Places that used to have 2-3 drivers max now have 8 everyday all day...

2. RockinEZ

RockinEZ

Driving:
    UberX
    You called it Zane.
    No surges except Coronado, and those never pan out even when I am already there, and in the middle of Orange Ave.

The PB surges are always fake. I place myself in PB on some days during the time I know the fake surge will happen. It never pans out.
    A surge in OB... you have to be kidding me.

Uber uses surges to move inexperienced drivers around.

3. rickybobby

rickybobby

Driving:
    Lyft
    Now we are saturated guess what's next?

Uber drops the prices.

Phoenix just announced today they dropped rates 15%. Not surprised if we're next

4. ATL2SD

ATL2SD

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah it sucks. Don't think I've seen a surge all day

5. RockinEZ

RockinEZ

Driving:
    UberX
    I still turn over $100 "earnings" for 6 hours on a week day and $220 "earnings" for a week end.
    Chasing surges may be over in San Diego.
    Knowing spots that need drivers at specific times.... That is how you make a few bucks.

No one in San Diego will make money like we did a couple of years ago any more.
    That does not say you will not make money, just not much. It ain't like it used to be.
    Nor will it be again.

6. Zane_SD

Zane_SD

Yeah, its sad... I find myself waiting triple the amount of time for a ping thats going a few blocks...

7. Bill Feit

Bill Feit

Driving:
    UberXL
    And I thought I was the only one.....I was wondering if you have noticed a marked drop in rider ratings? Yesterday I had 5 PAX and the highest rated was 4.7...I took 3 who were 4.4-4.6 because I was waiting too long for rides...btw, I did get a bad rating from one of them because they could not accurately enter a pickup address and I ended up the bad guy..AGAIN!!

8. RockinEZ

RockinEZ

Driving:
    UberX
    That may be because many drivers are rating pax a maximum of 4 without a tip. I do that routinely.
    Good ride w/tip =5
    Good ride wo/tip =4
    It only gets worse from there.

As fares are reduced by Uber we are getting a lower class of passengers.
    Now days it seems only people that work in the service industry tip.

9. Zane_SD

Zane_SD

Today made up for yesterday :) surging steady all day. Caught some nice 2.8x and 1.9x

10. ATL2SD

ATL2SD

Driving:
    UberX
    Saw surge everywhere @ the end of the game caught 2 good rides. Perfect timing too as I was picking my car up from the detailer.