• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is it just me or so quiet for everyone?

DEvok

Did 8hours but decided to wait and pick up the mrs and 1.5 hours of dead time from 2am and onwards. Glad some of you got double of what we average drivers do.
Post automatically merged:
7F653D43-EC9F-4205-AF25-EAA3B80FC7CC.png

soontobeautomated

The Uni's start to go back soon. Hang around hot spots for student accommodation and get trips as a cut-price moving service for them. Or better yet, wait for them to order trips on FUberX, assess the amount of stuff they are trying to move for a few minutes, then confirm it will not fit and claim a cancelation fee.

These trips peak in Jan, but there will still be a few of them moving their crap over the next week or two.

Personally, I avoid these areas.

MGS

Without a doubt, Uber would be placing stooges on here and amongst us!

7am-10am for $39 p/h is extremely lucky, or....

Did 8hours but decided to wait and pick up the mrs and 1.5 hours of dead time from 2am and onwards. Glad some of you got double of what we average drivers do.
View attachment 336829
You need to change your strategy. Those rates are sad man!!!

Mostly Weekday 5am-9am but sometimes I go to 9:30am. Did 3hrs tonite 6:30-9:30, and lucky to make $30/h so went home. Fri nights have been shit for few months now on Nth Beaches 6pm-11pm. Am over it and will go back to Sat 7am-1pm which I hadn't been doing for ages. Sat nights has picked back up again a little 5pm-11pm usual times. Rarely work Sun.

Attachments

Last edited:

DEvok

I been working usually 5pm untill 4-5am
Well this is today’s started at 10 since was at the movies.
0E326782-DF99-40A6-8AF5-3B999562E650.png

fields

Enough pings on Uber for me on Thursday and Friday but only one over $15 (after tolls), the others were mostly minimum fares. It has been a crap week, mostly due to getting just about no pings on Ola except of course for their almost obligatory 'cancelled jobs', which this week currently stands at 80% of all accepted Ola pings.

Bolt has been an absolute joke with again only minimum fare trips, 2/3 of which were grossly underquoted by Bolt because they rarely take traffic conditions into account. While I still advise people to have Ola running as an Uber backup, drivers should think twice about Bolt. Not only do they have few jobs and underquote, you also have to switch the app on and off each time you do an Uber job, if you don't they will soon deactivate you for a low acceptance rate . While perhaps it is legal to touch your fone to swipe yourself offline on Bolt, I wouldn't like to be the one to have to contest it in court. To make matters worse, it takes two swipes to make yourself offline on Bolt.

Its always difficult to know what to believe as for reasons only known to themselves, some people like to embellish their earnings, but I am hearing more and more stories about Uber Eats currently being more profitable than X.

This weekend should be a reasonable one though with the end of the July school holidays usually meaning more airport trips. Unfortunately that dumb Dry July is still going for another week.

The Reaper

This weekend should be a reasonable one though with the end of the July school holidays usually meaning more airport trips. Unfortunately that dumb Dry July is still going for another week.
Hot sunny weather all week will help. I think only 1% of Aussies do dry July ! :biggrin:

TheP

My best night ever on Ola last night. Ping after ping, where as Uber was very quiet. Normally it's the other way around.

fields

Hot sunny weather all week will help. I think only 1% of Aussies do dry July ! :biggrin:
Lol i would describe it as mild sunny weather. Sunny weather in the weekend should help, although thus far, I'm having a horrible morning.

1% of Aussies doing dry July might be right but that 1% would be highly concentrated amongst millenials living in the inner west and to a lesser extend the eastern suburbs. Exactly the largest proportion of Uber users.

It is funny that a proponent for wealth distribution theory is always making 50% more than average ants. Lol
There is no such thing as wealth distribution.