Is it just me or is Line rides better than Lyft rides.

HiDuuken

If I get a Lyft ride I can expect it to be short 6 out of 10 times with a single digit payout. But if it's a Line ride it's more likely to end up being a double digit payout 8 out of 10 times. And with the price match, it makes things that much better. Never thought I'd be more excited to see a pool [line] ride.

Jc.

Yeah I like lines too, specially when a second pax is added automatically and I just keep driving towards 1st pax destination, never answer phone calls and often times get funny SMS like "where are you going?" or "you are going in the wrong direction". LOL

HiDuuken

Yeah I like lines too, specially when a second pax is added automatically and I just keep driving towards 1st pax destination, never answer phone calls and often times get funny SMS like "where are you going?" or "you are going in the wrong direction". LOL

Does that really matter if ultimately you end up with $20-$30 as opposed to $3-$5?

I find that people are choosing Lyft rides because they aren't going that far and the discount from line is negligible. They use line to reduce the cost of their longer rides.

Jc.

Does that really matter if ultimately you end up with $20-$30 as opposed to $3-$5?

I find that people are choosing Lyft rides because they aren't going that far and the discount from line is negligible. They use line to reduce the cost of their longer rides.
I get the money on the longer route

Jc.

Are you saying you're taking a short Lyft ride and taking a longer route to squeeze more out of it? Cuz everyone gets more money on longer rides.
I take a line request, and if the second pax is to be dropped before the first I just keep driving since I'm not getting much more money to pick the 2nd and usually that detour will cost me 15 to 20 minutes more

Jc.

How do you know the second rider's dropoff before you pick them up?
Open the tab on the lower left, where the pax's pics are, it will expand the names and the route, now you know the drop off/ pick up order, if you see: pick up pax # 2 and then drop pax #2, go back to navigation and set the drop off location from pax already in the car, since that detour won't add much more money to your trip

Docaces

I just cancel the 2nd pax if it offers no extra $$ for me. Many times after I cancel, I immediately get a another 2nd pax that is going beyond first pax and hence more $$$ for me. Accept rate be damned. One guy offerded me a finsky to cancel 2nd pax. Don't have to ask me twice.

miamiu

Ruins your car, or be a great mechanic. The wear and tear of people climbing in and out of the family car (or your house ) is gross.

There's a reason buses have a certain look and feel to them.

That smell, think Miami People mover.

Unless you have a crown vic your kidding yourself. What's wrong with you guys?

Last edited:

JimKE

Open the tab on the lower left, where the pax's pics are, it will expand the names and the route, now you know the drop off/ pick up order, if you see: pick up pax # 2 and then drop pax #2, go back to navigation and set the drop off location from pax already in the car, since that detour won't add much more money to your trip
Thanks, Jc. All of the Lines I've had recently have been just one pickup, but I'll try to remember that for the future.

Jc.

I just cancel the 2nd pax if it offers no extra $$ for me. Many times after I cancel, I immediately get a another 2nd pax that is going beyond first pax and hence more $$$ for me. Accept rate be damned. One guy offerded me a finsky to cancel 2nd pax. Don't have to ask me twice.
When you cancel 2nd pax you are affecting your cancel rate, not your acceptance.
Cancel rate WILL get you deactivated.

And if another pax is added after you canceled the 2nd it would have been added anyway without canceling because it is heading the same direction as the pax already in your car (as long as you have seats available that is)

Thanks, Jc. All of the Lines I've had recently have been just one pickup, but I'll try to remember that for the future.
No problem Sr. JimKE

mrmateo

You cant do that on lyft. It will cancel both rides

hangarcat

Ruins your car, or be a great mechanic. The wear and tear of people climbing in and out of the family car (or your house ) is gross.

There's a reason buses have a certain look and feel to them.

Unless you have a crown vic your kidding yourself. What's wrong with you guys?
What I am wondering. Actually CV has weak door hinges & "door ajar" sensors.

Docaces

You cant do that on lyft. It will cancel both rides
Check again. I've done it many times with no untoward effects. After you pick up 1st pax, click on passenger icon in lower left of map. It will show u pick up location and destination of both pax. Click the "X" next to 2nd pax and all done. You may get assigned another pax, but again usually works out better for you.

When you cancel 2nd pax you are affecting your cancel rate, not your acceptance.
Cancel rate WILL get you deactivated.

And if another pax is added after you canceled the 2nd it would have been added anyway without canceling because it is heading the same direction as the pax already in your car (as long as you have seats available that is)

No problem Sr. JimKE
I don't do it a lot, but at least once a day if the opportunity arises. I did get one heads up regarding my acceptance rate, but that's all. I'm not to worried about it.

mrmateo

Check again. I've done it many times with no untoward effects. After you pick up 1st pax, click on passenger icon in lower left of map. It will show u pick up location and destination of both pax. Click the "X" next to 2nd pax and all done. You may get assigned another pax, but again usually works out better for you.

I'll give it a try. Thanks