• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is Uber a company of integrity?

• Yes

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • No

Votes: 64 95.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jake2016

Going through a 2x+ surge, which is dwindling, and receive a 1.7x request. Here is what Uber ($16.91) and I ($12.91) receive:

Uber 1.png
Uber 2.png

If you notice Uber keeping 57% of the fare (excluding their booking fee of $2.60), while this is Uber X and they are supposed to take only a 25% commission. Writing back and forth with them, explaining I understand the upfront pricing and it should be a range, but narrow, not the one that brings their commission up to 57%, which is outrageous.

And I keep receiving a standard copy-paste reply:

"Sorry for any confusion and happy to explain.

Partners will always earn based on the base + time + distance rates shown on your Partner Dashboard.

We feel this is more predictable and simpler for partners.

The amount a rider pays isn’t connected to the amount a partner earns. Riders pay an upfront price based on an estimate we show in the app while driver fares are based on actual time and distance. This allows us to offer affordable prices to riders -- through ride options like POOL and through rider promotions -- without impacting partner earnings.

Please reach out if you continue to experience the issue."

Apparently, Uber manages their own surge in the background and keep higher profits to themselves.

Having you seen this before? I see with the upfront pricing the actual commission may fluctuate between 23-28%, but this one is completely out of whack. Thoughts?

PS. Please cast your vote.

BirdmanJazz

They forgot to tell us that we receive only 80-75% of the actual mileage we drive. Not 80-75% of the total amount charged the pax. They didn't tell us that the amount they charge the pax is none of our business. It's THEIR company, they spit, and we are just necessary, cheap and replaceable labor. And since you idiots can't get organized in any way at all, we'll just keep F^*(^..g you over and over and over.

Fuberal

Going through a 2x+ surge, which is dwindling, and receive a 1.7x request. Here is what Uber ($16.91) and I ($12.91) receive:

View attachment 146211 View attachment 146212

If you notice Uber keeping 57% of the fare (excluding their booking fee of $2.60), while this is Uber X and they are supposed to take only a 25% commission. Writing back and forth with them, explaining I understand the upfront pricing and it should be a range, but narrow, not the one that brings their commission up to 57%, which is outrageous.

Partners will always earn based on the base + time + distance rates shown on your Partner Dashboard.

The amount a rider pays isn’t connected to the amount a partner earns. Riders pay an upfront price based on an estimate we show in the app while driver fares are based on actual time and distance. This allows us to offer affordable prices to riders -- through ride options like POOL and through rider promotions -- without impacting partner earnings.

Apparently, Uber manages their own surge in the background and keep higher profits to themselves.

Having you seen this before? I see with the upfront pricing the actual commission may fluctuate between 23-28%, but this one is completely out of whack. Thoughts?

Now that's a good one, totally ripped off pax, even if you took the long way. That looks like a 1.8 surge, charged the pax at like 2.8, damn those algos. You're not going to get anywhere with CSR, wasting your time. 32.62/8.5=3.85 a mile, definitely more than a cab.:eek:

I use uber/Lyft now there not using me.......
If im doing my so called paid job I might as well Get Fing paid ,
Read My Pf -Get in touch this is real deal basically ask one question and then hand them a card with my reffereral number if they buy $500 cash
i drive for both U& L run both apps/Airplabne on Pool/Line fK EM

RogerJS

That's really old news, .. this has been made public both in print and media and there is currently a lawsuit started . You even signed an agreement with uber to allow it .

Jake2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's really old news, .. this has been made public both in print and media and there is currently a lawsuit started . You even signed an agreement with uber to allow it .
I didn't sign anything to be scammed so bluntly. Do you have a link to the lawsuit? It should be another class action every driver should be participating in.

This incident has to be reported to the attorneys!!!

PS. It's interesting to see how the poll is unfolding. Please vote if you haven't yet.

RogerJS

I didn't sign anything to be scammed so bluntly. Do you have a link to the lawsuit? It should be another class action every driver should be participating in.

PS. It's interesting to see how the poll is unfolding. Please vote if you haven't yet.
It's part of your agreement with uber , if your new it was part of your original agreement if you've been driving for more then 6 months you signed an update or you couldn't sign in ..
I don't have the link but if you did a google search you'll find it

arto71

32.62/8.5=3.85 a mile, definitely more than a cab.:eek:
But Uber is 1/3 of a cab fares,No?

In CA class action was field by Wiltshire Law ( Wilshere and Virgil) ,

SorryBluetoothOnly

It's part of your agreement with uber , if your new it was part of your original agreement if you've been driving for more then 6 months you signed an update or you couldn't sign in ..
I don't have the link but if you did a google search you'll find it
He can download the agreement he signed from his profile on uber(dot)com.

Noy

That's why you need to take the longest possible route.. riders pays the same anyways..

Jake2016

That's why you need to take the longest possible route.. riders pays the same anyways..
Not true and not fair to the rider. As a passenger, I showed to Uber on a couple occasions that there was a shorter distance from point A to point B and they adjusted the fare. Why do we need to be dishonest, if the company is?

It is real shame that Uber creates this toxic environment here...

PS. Lyft is even shadier to drivers than Uber. They just started to show upfront if the driver is getting a Prime Time fare, though their PT is almost non-existent. Both companies are very disgraceful indeed.

Noy

Not true and not fair to the rider. As a passenger, I showed to Uber on a couple occasions that there was a shorter distance from point A to point B and they adjusted the fare. Why do we need to be dishonest, if the company is?

It is real shame that Uber creates this toxic environment here...

PS. Lyft is even shadier to drivers than Uber. They just started to show upfront if the driver is getting a Prime Time fare, though their PT is almost non-existent. Both companies are very disgraceful indeed.
ThereS so many factors why take the alternate. Accidents, closure, traffic jam, etc. If I pick up pax from Santa monica to hollywood. I'll take freeway. Less gas burned, faster route, pax pays the same. Love the uproot pricing...

Alaways screen shot the ride with multiplier before ending the trip. That way when dispute you have proof the it was 2+X surge.

Jake2016

ThereS so many factors why take the alternate. Accidents, closure, traffic jam, etc. If I pick up pax from Santa monica to hollywood. I'll take freeway. Less gas burned, faster route, pax pays the same. Love the uproot pricing...

Alaways screen shot the ride with multiplier before ending the trip. That way when dispute you have proof the it was 2+X surge.
Noy, I am afraid you're missing the key points here:

(1) The discrepancy is huge in this fare. The route I took in Orange County was pretty straightforward. To increase my profit to match it with Uber's upfront price, I would have needed to do something shady. Again, it is not my style.
(2) As I wrote at the beginning and if you read it carefully, I had to accept a 1.7x surge ride, but apparently what happened is Uber had the passenger accepted a much higher surge fare, which was not shared with the driver/me...

Am I making it clearer now? Do you have a practical solution to handle the issue?

Reactions: Noy

Decay57

(2) As I wrote at the beginning and if you read it carefully, I had to accept a 1.7x surge ride, but apparently what happened is Uber had the passenger accepted a much higher surge fare, which was not shared with the driver/me...

Am I making it clearer now? Do you have a practical solution to handle the issue?
There is no solution to this besides not driving for Uber. They have specifically set it up like this and purposely charge the customers a higher rate than the driver gets on every ride.

If you've work for Uber since May 21st 2017, then you've had to agree to the new terms of service (ToS) which specifically says that Uber only has to pay the drivers $X per mile and $X per minute (rates differ depending on the area). Once Uber pays that amount to the driver, they get the remainder of however much the customer said they were willing to pay. So what Uber has been doing is purposely "overcharging" the customers to pocket more money. Granted this is all perfectly legal under the new ToS and the drivers are the ones getting screwed.

JasonB

Uber is stealing $14 right out of your pocket, and redistributing it to ants in the
form of Quest.

More ants gunning for Quest = more Safe Rider Fees for Fuber.

eos.

Asificarewhatyoudontthink

Noy, I am afraid you're missing the key points here:

(1) The discrepancy is huge in this fare. The route I took in Orange County was pretty straightforward. To increase my profit to match it with Uber's upfront price, I would have needed to do something shady. Again, it is not my style.

You are just wrong about how you think Uber charged your customer.

They didn't quote the customer a perile price.
They quoted the customer a "flat rate" as part of their "upfront pricing".

You, on the other hand, signed an agreement to get paid a percentage of a given amount for miles + minutes.
Surge increases what you get paid (and used to be how much more a customer would pay.

You are right about this being another scummy POS move on Ubers part.
They are scum for not just increasing the per mile fare and I hope we can, as drivers, bring enough attention to this that passengers stop putting in their destination until the ride matches.

Without a destination in the system at start of ride the riders will Only be charged for their miles and minutes and that would force Uber to increase the fare to get more money from their percentage.

Travis -k

A few Uber shills obviously voted so far, I will take this moment to express my opionion that any actual Uber employee who comes here and poses as a driver sux, the simple fact you hide behind the vail of being a driver proves you are a zero integrity SCUM.