1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Is it better to dump rider's item out of the car, intead of turn it in to uber/lyft?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by chuck finley, May 11, 2018.

1. chuck finley

chuck finley Active Member

I read the story about uber driver got arrested after turned rider's phone to uber.

If this is the case, would it be better for driver just to dump rider's item out of the car (near trash can)? Why would we waste our time to go to uber and then got arrested later?

2. Coachman

Coachman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This forum is slowly sinking into the abyss.

3. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

It's only as good as it's members

4. Ribak

Ribak Well-Known Member

Depends on the item. Keep the cash, sell (or take) the drugs and get rid of any traceable items.

5. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Until the Law and the Companies decide that All Bets Are OFF on L&F, I am in favour of what causes the least problem for the driver. I have seen too many drivers get it raw, dry and full of splinters over someone else's carelessness.

If launching it out the 4/44 Air Conditioner makes for the fewest problems for the driver, So Be It.

6. Demon

Demon Well-Known Member

Keep in mind it's illegal to launch someone else's property out of your car.

7. IERide

IERide Well-Known Member

1) Source please
    2) Who’s to say the next pax didnt just pick it up and take the time with them?

Cableguynoe likes this.
  8. uberisSATAN

uberisSATAN Member

on x or pool tiers at night yes sky hook it like kareem these poor people exploiting the system and deserve the 1 service for the 1 star prices

during day hours for cash tippers, or on xl, select, or black no return it youll be rewarded and you were legally compensated for your time/labor

if its farther than 1 mile on x or pool yes again $15 not worth the time/travel/risk of life unless you a preteen in the 80s

9. Demon

Demon Well-Known Member

10. uberisSATAN

uberisSATAN Member

lol its illegal to speed bet you do that which one actually costs you more & is more risk to you & paxes life?

possession 9/10ths of the law right lol i kid i kid but its in my ride its my property now no soup for you

i love people who want to pick & choose the laws they violate, if its not murder, rape, pedofilia, kidnapping, assault, robbery do what cha do i litter on occasion this would be one of those occasions... proove it was me and not the next pax or at some other place they were, they cant afford to tip or order a legal tier like xl, select, black doubtful they can afford a lawyer or time to go threw the rigamarole

11. Demon

Demon Well-Known Member

LOL! That has nothing to do with anything that we're talking about. With a phone, they will 100% prove it was you because they can trace the phone's location.

12. uberisSATAN

uberisSATAN Member

really they gonna subpoena cell phone records & uber who wont give up rapists without a fight & pinpoint the exact gps coordinates link it to your phone & uber account for a phone its not csi in the real world but good luck with that

if its an x rider who didnt tip and i was opted out of pool so never get those, then i never saw it dont know where it is call judge judy p.... lmao

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    2Cents likes this.
  13. IERide

IERide Well-Known Member

Thank you for the source, although I’m not sure it applies to the 90% of drivers here not in California..
    And, even if the phone is traceable, who’s to say another pax didnt take it and dump in on the ground..

My point is much like uberisSATANuberisSATAN says.. There are many laws we break every day.. and in all the years of ride-share and all the millions of rides given and no doubt hundreds of thousands of lost items tossed out the window, there has been what, ONE prosecution?

So anyway - I know the difference between right and wrong, and if someone leaves something of any value in my car i will take up uber on the $15 delivery fee and return it if I am able to ID the owner.. UNLESS, like already posted, the pax was some kind of an a$$, then I will help Karma do her job..

14. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust Well-Known Member

I never throw out cash unless it’s counterfeit.

15. Demon

Demon Well-Known Member

The other 90% would be covered by their state law which prevents people from stealing things. This isn't a thread about breaking other kinds of laws, this is a thread about returning property that belongs to passengers. For the umpteenth time, phone's a traceable, so if another person put it on the ground it would be known when & where that happened, and if it happened when there wasn't another person in your car, that would also be known.
    Got it, you always do what's right...unless you just don't feel like it.

16. CJfrom619

CJfrom619 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This is a very simple. If it’s something the rider needs (phone, wallet etc) then you attempt to return it to them with very little effort on your part and if you can’t then turn it into greenhub asap. Everything else just keep it yourself or throw away.

17. uberisSATAN

uberisSATAN Member

always do whats right for ME first, don't give 2 doo doos about theives who dont value theyre own property enough to keep track of it hence LOST if they lucky when it cracks the ground it still works enough for them to track it & spend 20-60+ minutes of their own time, gas,money & locate it before some meth or crack head does & lists it on Craigslist

if you lose something in MY vehicle it is NOT my problem unless it was a tipper, xl, select, or black CUSTOMER, pool & x riders who don't tip & don't go 10+ miles are not customers they are THEIVES i have zero issue stealing from theives or in this case playin kareem abdul jabbar with something they didnt care enough to keep track of just wipe your prints incase mr csi up there becomes reality

i didnt steal anything i found someones LOST junk in my car & disposed of it

2Cents likes this.
  18. IERide

IERide Well-Known Member

Yup, pretty much..
    But who is to say what’s “right”? Some rule made up and written by humans? Perhaps there is a higher “right” - such as when the entitled POS that left it in the car has been mistreating people it’s whole life - or maybe just that day.. Maybe that person is a racist or worse? Maybe then, in the grander scheme of the universe it is RIGHT to toss it out the window?

19. Demon

Demon Well-Known Member

You seem hellbent on changing the conversation to absolve yourself of your legal responsibility. If that's your logic you can't complain when a pax lies about a driver they don't like because they feel it will balance out the universe.

Except that legally, it is very much your problem. If you don't like Uber's rates, don't drive for Uber and don't blame the pax for what Uber decided to charge them and you agreed to drive them for.

20. uberisSATAN

uberisSATAN Member

nope not hell bent, not complaing either, just posting facts, i dont care or ever stated anything about the illegality of it, just dont care, everything's illegal in a police state. & people have no issues speeding and that puts lives in more risk then tossing sime slave made junk someone didnt care about in the street....

uber is illegal, the minimum fare is illegal, rides less than 10 miles in x are illegal, pool is illegal, express pool is illegal, calling us "independent contractors" & treating us like employees is illegal, saying tips included for years when they werent is illegal, stating 90K,50K,40K,$40+an hour $30+ an hour,$20+ an hour in recruiter ads when its $3.37 an hour is illegal least now its a side hustle in ads like pushing dime bags & bootlegs, paying 1965-1985 cab rates in 2018 is illegal, ghost riding a whip & murdering homeless people is illegal, sending blank contracts that coerce free labor is illegal, firing drivers who cancel too many coerced labor requests is illegal, predatory pricing is illegal, predatory wages are illegal... i could go on

if they didnt tip on x sorry dont know what your talking about, never saw anything good luck with your search & youre free to call judge judy, complain to uber, lie to uber idgaf i bet i beat them to it lmao imma vet baby 1%er if you scared go to church

worse case scenario ill buy a burner account off tor, or find someone who resembles me in my market & offer them a cut of my $40-75 an hour & be right back at it, i figured the uber ponzi scam out years ago, john gotti & organized crime respect the earners not the 96% who are patsys

drove past 7:30 pm once my first day that was enough to learn not to drive nights ever again, i dont have these issues just stating what i would do if it did arise,not scared of uber, pax, or consequences people going to the airport early in the morning tend not to be cheap lying pos so ill be good

$15 is a joke unless a mile or less away thats what the minimum fare should be & about the price of a pizza delivery sans tip which is much heavier & less valuable an item, just like x & pool rates which i do avoid unless they going to the airport

i dont try to decipher tone fron text either thats what emoticons were invented for & machete don't emoticon

everyone can do what they do, i 1 star the less than 10% of rides i get that go less than 10 miles & request an unmatch 100% of the time for years, unless its a cash tip finding the losers/thiefs phone would be icing on the cake, they wouldn't get it back & there's really nothing they could do about it but go buy another phone 1971 minimum fare just turned into a $80-700 ride woohoo

Last edited: May 12, 2018