1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is going Uber Black worth it in Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston' started by ldra02, Sep 11, 2015.

1. ldra02

ldra02

Driving:
    UberX
    Hey all,

Been driving UberX for a while now, and I'm thinking about switching to Black, doing all the necessaries, car, the works, etc. I wanted to find out before hand from some Black drivers, whether Black is worth it, in terms of number of pings?

Thanks

2. I've talked to some UberBlack drivers and one said it's not as good as it used to be, but from what I gathered he didn't realize how much better it is even on his bad days. $100-$200 in fares is probably a normal day on UberBlack. $300-400 is a really good day. Apparently that used to be a normal day. If you can afford to get into it and don't mind wearing a suite every day, I say go for it. With black all you need is a few trips per day to be at a profit level UberX drivers spend all day or even all week achieving.

3. hqen2000

hqen2000

Driving:
    UberX
    I was thinking about it.. Either a Tesla, Hyundai Genesis/Equos, or maybe a Escalade. The Escalade I assume can be driven for both Black and SUV?

Otherwise the Genesis seems like the best car (lowest cost / most reliable) you could use for Black. The Tesla is also not on the Houston Limo list but I assume it would qualify.