1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Is filing false complaints against drivers becomig a "thing?"

Discussion in 'Advice' started by JBinPenfield, Jun 9, 2018.

1. JBinPenfield

JBinPenfield Active Member

I have been driving since September and never got anything worse than a low rating. But within the past three weeks I've gotten three messages from Uber support about passenger complaints that were totally bogus.
    One claimed I was driving a car that was different than the one shown in the app - totally not the case, never done that.
    One claimed that I had a friend in the car who was not an Uber passenger - again totally not the case, never done that.
    The last one claimed I looked impaired while driving - again totally not the case, I don't do drugs or alcohol. That one resulted in a temporary (I hope) account suspension until I replied to it.

Trump Economics likes this.
  2. Cklw

Cklw Well-Known Member

Welcome to the world of Uber. Bogus claims have been going on since the beginning. They don’t care if they ruin a drivers life, since they know Uber will give them a free ride every time they complain.

3.75, Julescase, Big Wig !!! and 2 others like this.
  3. Stevie The magic Unicorn

Stevie The magic Unicorn Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    taxi companies get those sort of bogus complaints ALL THE TIME,d

The difference is after decades in business they learned to ignore most of them unless it's repeat issues on the same driver.

Seriously.. the cab companies ignore most of these complaints because such a high % of them are 100% bogus.

When i worked the taxi call center when i was recovering from my surgery...

Drivers would get complaints. They were ignored unless there was repeat complaints against the same driver..

4. Kodyhead

Kodyhead Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Just like drivers who abuse cleaning fees and cancellations, of course there are riders who abuse rules.

Its the circle of doosh simba

5. Rakos

Rakos Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Yes

Grahamcracker likes this.
  6. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Sudden rash of complaints, you say?
    Admit it, it’s probably you! :oops:;)

7. LAbDog65

LAbDog65 Well-Known Member

There will always be paxholes.

uberinatltrafficsux and Rakos like this.
  8. Stevie The magic Unicorn

Stevie The magic Unicorn Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    But it's not the existence of paxholes we need to judge uber on, we should judge them on how they handle the paxhole!

And they are doing a LOUSY JOB of handling them!

And this is from the perspective of a taxi driver, not someone with a real job...

9. LAbDog65

LAbDog65 Well-Known Member

Yes, you are right. Uber does a really bad job of handling them.

Listen41 likes this.
  10. Pedro Paramo66

Pedro Paramo66 Active Member

Any complain= a free ride
    Lol

Listen41 and Rakos like this.
  11. SuzeCB

SuzeCB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It's not becoming a thing, it has been a thing.

12. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI

It depended on the driver, situation and what I happened to be doing at the time.

If the customer called while I was on the microphone, I had a speech:

"Sir, I can assure you that this is NOT the policy of __________Cab Company. Rest, assured, Sir.......Sir, please, Sir..............it is important that you understand this: this driver's name will be referred to the Chief Dispatcher, who will summon this driver before the President and Board of Directors of this company.............and Sir.......................Sir, this driver will be required to render an account of himself. At that time, Sir, he will be very severely reprimanded and warned that if such conduct continues, he will be sacked."

Of course, I recited that with the appropriate gravitas. When I was on the microphone, I did not have too much time to spend on complaining customers, but, I did have to help out the operator who had the misfortune of picking up that particular telephone line, as she was not being paid enough to deal with a caterwauling customer.

If it were a complaint that I felt required investigation, I would tell the complainant that I would refer it to the Chief Dispatcher or other company official who would contact them within twenty-four hours.

If the complaint came in to my office telephone line while I was in the office, I would spend more time listening. If I felt that it required further investigation, I informed the customer that I did have to get the driver's side of the story and that I would get back to him.

If it were something that either I did not buy or it were minor, I would ask the driver the next time that I saw him. If it required more investigation, I would summon the driver to the office and make a record of it. If it required sanctions, I had the authority to impose almost any sanction short of kicking him out of the Company. That required either two Officers or a majority vote of the Board. In fact, if two Officers kicked out the driver, he could appeal to the Board.

It was rare that I would tell the customer what sanctions that the company had imposed on the driver. I would simply tell him that they were "appropriate". If they went to the Hack Office, I would inform the Hack Office what I had done, but rarely would I tell the customer. Usually my letting the customer know that I was the Corporate Secretary was enough.

Most of the complaints, though, did not result in sanctions against the driver, as they were, as quoted poster so correctly states, devoid of substance. The customer usually was unhappy because he tried to chisel the fare and the driver balked at it---and rightly did the driver balk.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

13. jazzapt

jazzapt Well-Known Member

False equivalence right there. While abusing a cleaning fee is a doosh move, abuse cleaning fees and cancellations just leaves the rider out some cash (in the case of cancellations, a few bucks at most). But guess what? Rider can still use the platform all day, everyday.

A rider who files a complaint against a driver to save a few bucks can cost that driver his or her livelihood. Big difference.

14. Kodyhead

Kodyhead Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Usually when I seek revenge or retaliation for whatever reason I dont look for equality lol. For whatever reasons someone feels wronged the general mindset is to retaliate strongly I would think. Especially when there is a 99.9% chance of never seeing that person ever again lol

upyouruber likes this.
  15. Merc7186

Merc7186 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Feel free to offer the Ride Footage to Uber of the ride in question...the video never lies.

Don't have a dashcam....then that's on you. Yes, it is as simple as that.

JimKE and Rakos like this.
  16. Listen41

Listen41 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes, i had been accused of these crap many times !!! They keep the driver under their leash for fear of losing their living by bringing false charges. And nothing can be done about it for this kind of Harassment.They operate in a ghost world

NO. You are wrong

17. Netpay

Netpay Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    It's hard serving immigrants when you are caucasin.Lol! My frequent lowest raters...I give them all 5* to keep the peace.

18. Uber Crack

Uber Crack Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Ignore me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a rider have to give a "reason" when they low rate you these days? I think that may be where the complaints are coming from. Back in the day, a rider could just low rate without saying why. Now uber prompts for the why and this is causing problems. Different markets might be different. Idk

Wh4tev3r!!!! and Rakos like this.
  19. HotUberMess

HotUberMess Well-Known Member

Lol

Walking into a random restaurant and telling them you are an Eats driver and walking out with free food is becoming a thing

Grahamcracker, SuzeCB and Rakos like this.
  20. Netpay

Netpay Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Yep! So they choose what hurts you the most. There is &%$@!* all you can do as Uber poor customer service will not let you defend yourself. You have no other recourse but to stay deactivated or take that useless course they offer $100. CDN.
    Like I am going to give Uber my hard earned money, so they the riders can do it again.
    What a "f" up system. Then there is Lyft.

Rakos likes this.