Is EWR safe again to pick up and drop off?

Quatro40

Are the cops still harassing Uber drivers at EWR? Is it safe for the passengers to sit in the back without tipping off the PA cops? I had a guy today that would not sit in the front at EWR so I kindly asked him to cancel.

SibeRescueBrian

Did anyone else receive this email from Uber New Jersey?

Uber and Newark

It has been over 3 months since Uber reached an agreement with the City of Newark, and we remain the only ridesharing app with authorization to connect riders and drivers in the City of Newark, including Newark Penn Station and the Newark portion of the airport (Terminals B & C). Uber partners do not need to be concerned about receiving tickets or citations, or having their cars towed for operating on the Uber platform in Newark.

The protections of our agreement do not apply to illegal street hails, waiting at taxi stands, or giving rides off the Uber platform.

We reached our agreement with Newark with the best interest of our driver-partners in mind, in order to make your experience picking up riders seamless and stress free. We thank you for your continued partnership with Uber and appreciate everything that you do.

Uber On,
Your Uber New Jersey Team

SurgeorSuckit

Uber and Newark

It has been over 3 months since Uber reached an agreement with the City of Newark, and we remain the only ridesharing app with authorization to connect riders and drivers in the City of Newark, including Newark Penn Station and the Newark portion of the airport (Terminals B & C). Uber partners do not need to be concerned about receiving tickets or citations, or having their cars towed for operating on the Uber platform in Newark.

The protections of our agreement do not apply to illegal street hails, waiting at taxi stands, or giving rides off the Uber platform.

We reached our agreement with Newark with the best interest of our driver-partners in mind, in order to make your experience picking up riders seamless and stress free. We thank you for your continued partnership with Uber and appreciate everything that you do.

Uber On,
I got it

MaximusMurkimus

I've never had a problem dropping off or picking up at EWR, even before the official sanctioning of it.

I've noticed a lot of still cars through the PAX app, so I'm guessing you have a lot of moron drivers who try and stay parked in the drop-off/pickup areas.

Uber Soldier

Uber and Newark

Uber On,
I got the email also. I do mainly drop offs without any problems and the occasional pick up if I get a ping. Previous threads have stated that the Newark agreement does not apply to the PA so they may still harass you. However, I also read that Newark judges have been instructed to dismiss Uber related tickets. Can anyone confirm? IMO, use discretion and common sense whenever you choose to operate at EWR.

Slim Pete

So many cars there at EWR are uber cars......I have done 4 airport pickups, so that's not a lot and maybe 2 dropoffs, never had a problem, but using common sense is very important, as in make sure pickup point is in a safe location, like as close curbside as possible, and never block traffic.

seems like cops ticket drivers who block traffic / pick up in the middle of the travel lanes...rather than specifically targeting uber drivers..

Alex12

Uber and Newark

Uber On,
Yes i did

Zorro_wrangler

So buyer beware regarding Ubers e-mail regarding EWR? Anyone run into trouble picking up PAX at EWR B/C in the past 3 months?

JerseyBoy911

PAPD will still ticket you! As far as how far it goes in Newark courts... idk. The Uber lawyer I'm sure is there or has been there everyday in the past... maybe the agreement starts there, in the court.

But as yourself. Do you want to deal with the hassle? You may still need to appear to get it dismissed.

That's a half day. Travel to Nwk, pay for parking, sitting, waiting..... come on.:rolleyes:

Tell Uber to raise the rate again at the airport. Then it may be worth it! :rolleyes:

Zorro_wrangler

PAPD will still ticket you! As far as how far it goes in Newark courts... idk. The Uber lawyer I'm sure is there or has been there everyday in the past... maybe the agreement starts there, in the court.

But as yourself. Do you want to deal with the hassle? You may still need to appear to get it dismissed.

That's a half day. Travel to Nwk, pay for parking, sitting, waiting..... come on.:rolleyes:

Tell Uber to raise the rate again at the airport. Then it may be worth it! :rolleyes:
Thanks. The points you made make sense. Still gonna avoid EWR, now worth the hassle or rate.

Quatro40

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, will keep avoiding. That same day I was there kept getting Uber Pool requests earlier I ignored them all.