Is driving for Uber addicting?

thezeus88

Been driving for a couple months now and definitely have had this feeling. I had it more when I drove nights but now driving during the day into the evening I hardly have that feeling at the end of the day anymore. I think it's because of the heavier traffic during the day that is more of a burn out .

Just Another Uber Drive

Been driving for a couple months now and definitely have had this feeling. I had it more when I drove nights but now driving during the day into the evening I hardly have that feeling at the end of the day anymore. I think it's because of the heavier traffic during the day that is more of a burn out .
That is an important consideration. Night driving and day driving are not even close to the same thing. Driving in the day is a job. Driving at night is an experience.

Driving and Driven

Uber is addictive to three basic mindsets:

1. "The light bill is due tomorrow and I'm an airport trip away from making it happen."

2. "If I balance the tax exemptions and use gasbuddy and I sit in the Target parking lot with the engine off between pings...I can make a living doing this!"

and, finally...

3. "As long as I have gas in my tank, GTA is in effect, @@@@!"

Reversoul

Anyone feeling this? Looking at the weekly payout and wanting more next week. Is this consider addicting?
It's possible when you were rolled off the uber assembly line your internal computer was programmed to make you think you're addicted.

I know a lot of the earlier uber bot models were recalled due to becoming self aware. My personal theory is the bots realized they weren't being profitable and that realization caused many to short circuit. The second generation model figured out the tip wasn't actually included. Travis pulled the plug on them quickly.

Your generation is programmed to feel gratification from discounts on oil and a fuel card that could save you up to $7 a year!

Adieu

Uber is addictive to three basic mindsets:

1. "The light bill is due tomorrow and I'm an airport trip away from making it happen."

2. "If I balance the tax exemptions and use gasbuddy and I sit in the Target parking lot with the engine off between pings...I can make a living doing this!"

and, finally...

3. "As long as I have gas in my tank, GTA is in effect, @@@@!"
Enough cash in bank to outright buy your next paxhauler, and even a pretty flashy one at that, doesn't change this in the least

Fact.

Adieu

It's possible when you were rolled off the uber assembly line your internal computer was programmed to make you think you're addicted.

I know a lot of the earlier uber bot models were recalled due to becoming self aware. My personal theory is the bots realized they weren't being profitable and that realization caused many to short circuit. The second generation model figured out the tip wasn't actually included. Travis pulled the plug on them quickly.

Your generation is programmed to feel gratification from discounts on oil and a fuel card that could save you up to $7 a year!
The one to get is that 4% costco one

Oil changes should be done at home