Is DC the only place that changed Surges to Add-on? ATL still had the 2.0X Surges

UBERX_IS_SOSO

I went to ATL and the drivers still had the regular surges and had no idea about the add on surges. Did this just change in DC? If so why just DC? Now given ATL drivers said they only get like .79 a mile compared to the $1.02 we get in DC but still they get surges.

Maniac9090

I went to ATL and the drivers still had the regular surges and had no idea about the add on surges. Did this just change in DC? If so why just DC? Now given ATL drivers said they only get like .79 a mile compared to the $1.02 we get in DC but still they get surges.
Every market is different. So the mile cost is more and less depends on the area you drive in.

It seems like Uber is implementing this scam surge one step at a time in all markets. So unluckily for us here we were the second or third market in the list to get this scam.

It is hard for Uber to pass this scam JUST YET in NYC due to the cap on rideshare vehicles there( drivers would driver for other platforms), but it’s just a matter of time untill all Uber US markets get hit with this scam.

Nope, it's varied by market. I'm pretty positive it's going to be rolled out Nationwide soon but so far Charlotte was the first market to have it and it has gone from there. Arizona has it, Chicago has it, Rhode island has it, Boston has it, Baltimore has it,a couple others have it.

Dara’s revenge for starting the shuffle craze
Jokes on him because shuffling is the great equalizer.

gsneaker350

Nope, it's varied by market. I'm pretty positive it's going to be rolled out Nationwide soon but so far Charlotte was the first market to have it and it has gone from there. Arizona has it, Chicago has it, Rhode island has it, Boston has it, Baltimore has it,a couple others have it.

Jokes on him because shuffling is the great equalizer.
You know you’d rather have the multiplier instead of resorting to cancellation fees instead of rides.

You know you’d rather have the multiplier instead of resorting to cancellation fees instead of rides.
Yeah but before the surge change, how often did it actually surge? Notice how the surge pattern changed after surge was introduced and boost was taken away.

To say I don't care for the old surge is a lie but it's more profitable to not give a ride than to give one at all. Try it and let me know how much fuel you spent, how much your car depreciated, how much wear and tear you incurred.

If anything, this new surge is creating more screening, more Shuffling and more tactical use of personal strategies.