1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Featured is anyone worried about changes to their health care?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Caroline O'Donovan, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Caroline O'Donovan

Caroline O'Donovan Member

Hey! Caroline from BuzzFeed News here. I'm wondering if anyone is actively worried about healthcare reform and whether you'll be able to have coverage.

Please DON'T troll this thread with political chatter. If you're not worried about ACA repeal or reform, that's great! If you think ACA reform plans are going to improve your life, please email me! But we don't need a forum wide political debate. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. LAuberX

LAuberX Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I paid $1,754.00 to the IRS for NOT having health care.. thanks to the (NOT)ACA it would have been $9,000.00 for one year before ONE xray was a "covered item"

NOT paying out in Obama's "redistribution of wealth" is the reform I'm seeking.

3. Caroline O'Donovan

Caroline O'Donovan Member

As I said above, " If you think ACA reform plans are going to improve your life, please email me! "

4. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    If you come to this forum, post a topic such as this and expect that you are not going to receive more than a little "political chatter" in reply, you are setting up yourself bigly for a bigly disappointment. We had a similar topic on another Board on this forum go more than a few pages.

I will put it to you this way. The We Are Telling You That You Can Afford This "Health Care" Act (you know, the one that Pelosi told us that they had to pass before we could find out what is in it?) tells me that I can afford something that I can not. It compels me to purchase something with money that I do not have or give up money that I do not have for nothing. Once I purchase this thing that they told me that I could afford, but could not; with money that I do not have, I can not afford to use it. Almost anything has to be better than that.

5. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    My CPA just told me that the tax form just updated where it says "I do not want to disclose my health care status" and it doesn't assess a tax penalty. This was a recent update as of a few days ago. It's probably just a temporary measure to prevent the Obamacare tax penalty until they can repeal it completely.

tohunt4me likes this.

6. LAuberX

LAuberX Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    hopefully I can get a refund for my redistribution of wealth next year....

goon70056, UberTaxPro, Pusher and 3 others like this.
  7. thepanttherlady

thepanttherlady Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Sorry, not providing my personal email.

I, personally, hope something better comes along. Until ACA/Obamacare, I was paying g. A premium through my company and co-pays for service/prescriptions etc. Now? I hope and pray no one needs to go to the doctor because I can't afford the high deductible plan I was forced into. My son requires medication, 120 pills (60 day supply) costs $1,635. The doctor had to find a medication I CAN afford and hope it works for him. :mad:

8. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    The Donald issued an order to stop enforcing the penalty. The law is still on the books, it is just not going to be enforced.

Agent99, UberSchmuber and tohunt4me like this.
  9. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Sweet glad I waited to file my taxes! President Trump is already A OK in my book!

Adieu, Pusher, Spazzradio and 2 others like this.
  10. Jagent

Jagent Well-Known Member

Not worried at all. How about giving the president a chance to actually do something before you write a hit piece? He's promised he'll fix it. It'd be tough to make it worse.

11. emdeplam

emdeplam Active Member

Caroline is sound-bite journalist so if you email her a quote keep it to one line.

12. Dammit Mazzacane

Dammit Mazzacane Well-Known Member

You may be looking for Medicaid recipients who will be impacted. Recommend going out on the street and asking people with a digital recorder for interviews. Independent rideshare drivers likely will not give compelling statements because we all have differing situations.

As far as I'm concerned,
    "I'm certain the cutbacks will eliminate the small tax credit discount I get for the insurance I pay for," said Dammit Mazzacane a rideshare driver who drives part time in the greater Seattle area.

tohunt4me likes this.
  13. Greguzzi

Greguzzi Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    LOL. Libgressive "reporter" is looking to gin up a story about poor Uber drivers being kicked off their hallowed Obummercare, but what said reporter doesn't realize is that most driving for Uber make so little money that they are on "free" Medicaid. And if you were sentient, you'd feel embarrassed for working for #FakeStreamNews.

Seriously, girl: Go make your living off the backs of some other group of "oppressed" people.

14. swingset

swingset Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Up yours with asking a politically charged question and dictating the terms of the discussion. BuzzFeed, huh? Lemme guess what narrative you want to hear....it's something like "I'm a poor sick soul who is going to lose the insurance that the ACA forced me to have, whether I could afford it or not, and if I get subsidized I guess it's off the back of the working people who got lied to, told they could keep their plans and would save money - even tho that was all a lie."

I'm paying 300% more than I used to, for crap high-deductible care when I used to have good insurance, thanks to your Democrat sleazelords.

Ask me what I think of your little sewer of a media outlet. I can use purple prose and $5 words to do it, or just MS paint pictures of poop. Your choice.

15. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    [QUOTE="Caroline O'Donovan, post: 2220502, member: 11993] But we don't need a forum wide political debate. Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

Then why ask a debatable question?

16. entrep1776

entrep1776 Well-Known Member

17. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    This is an Uber drivers forum. We drive drunk obnoxious threatening belligerent self entitled ungrateful a*#holes for pennies. We have to be tough.

18. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

Does a real reporter ever ask questions on this site?

Journalist? That right there is funny.

19. Maven

Maven Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes, worried. Wondering if this non-rideshare related thread better in "Other" forum.

Go4 and Grahamcracker like this.
  20. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Uber drivers can't afford healthcare.
    I am tired of paying a " fine" for not being able to afford healthcare.
    It is illegal and unconstitutional.
    Government racketeering.

Ubercal, Agent99, goon70056 and 10 others like this.