1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Is anyone still grossing $1200 a week on X?

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by Fuberal, May 17, 2017.

1. newubernoob007

newubernoob007 Well-Known Member

No one here is grossing 1200 a week on X in LA, Bay area sure. There is not enough surge, Maybe if they work 7 days a week 14 plus hours.

Bleach likes this.
  2. UberIsAllFubared

UberIsAllFubared Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I was grossing over 1200 a week on x for two straight months until last week, and I have posted my results before. And that was usually 4/5 day work weeks. It can be done if its surging, which it has been pretty regularly until last week.

Bleach and twerkyo.....UBERRRRR like this.
  3. Fuberal

Fuberal Well-Known Member

Since the surge is dead, cherry picking is dead with it. Isn't it funny that somehow Fuber computers control your hourly?

4. UberIsAllFubared

UberIsAllFubared Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I honestly just can't imagine driving for base during rush hour. That just blows my mind.

Kay1661 likes this.
  5. Fuberal

Fuberal Well-Known Member

Sad state of affairs but very true. I'm shocked how Fuber won this fight and is forcing everyone to drive at base.

I can't either but there are plenty ants willing and able to do so, Fuber has won, I don't think we'll ever see a blood red map again.

JasonB and UberIsAllFubared like this.

6. Hail Macbeth

Hail Macbeth Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I might do some base anting tonight. My girlfriend is depressed and I can't visit her because I have extremely bad blood with her roommate, so I'd like to bury my head in the sand by taking 3-4 rides in despair.

7. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Leave the roommate problem to me
    Blink twice.

Nuff said.

Bleach likes this.
  8. Hail Macbeth

Driving:
    UberX
    He is very well armed. I doubt he is the kind of problem you can deal with.

9. Malibu Joe

Malibu Joe Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Just because you can't do it doesn't mean others can't.

Kay1661 and TwoFiddyMile like this.
  10. Travis -k

Travis -k Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The fact that he doesnt like you means he is or wants to bang your girl, sorry to say he most likely is, When I was younger and had room mates I only had girl room mates, I bagged every single one of them a few times, all you have to do is be there and tell them they look pretty now and then and eventually you wake up with them crawling in bed with you kissing you neck.

newubernoob007 and JasonB like this.
  11. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Does he have eyes behind his head?
    Anyone can be dispatched.

newubernoob007 likes this.
  12. claussl

claussl Member

We all know that but are too lazy or too comfortable with bo having a boss and having "our own schedule"
    Start a movement. I am with you.

13. Hail Macbeth

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm under no illusions about the situation, believe me.

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  14. newubernoob007

Uber has been dead lately, I stuck around after work today in DTLA for the surge and I kept getting 1.3 pings instead of 1.8, I left instead. I made money good on the stock market today, I won't be Ubering until surge is good.

TurnUpT likes this.
  15. Hail Macbeth

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm in debt! So it doesn't matter if it surges or not, because if someone said "You can work for $12 an hour, but you get to invest all of that money for a guaranteed 8% return" you would probably do it.

And that's what my situation basically is.

OptOutside and newubernoob007 like this.
  16. newubernoob007

I remember those days, paycheck to paycheck living sucked. Invest in a trade or school if you haven't already, Uber income is nice when you can make it work for you.

17. Bartolovski

Bartolovski Active Member

I see that the majority of lazy people refuse to accept that this gig is dying pretty fast and it's time to reconsider what you exactly gain from rideshare driving.

If non existing surge keeps going like this, it would be stupid to keep driving, because any gig or a low skill job pays the same amount.

I'm planning to stay until the summer to see if earnings will improve with extra demand from tourists and nice weather.

If summer earnings stay equivalent to now, then I'll stop driving for good. I'm seeing a few fellow uber drivers get jobs and drive uber a couple hours here and there for beer money and paying off debt, which makes me think we're missing out a lot from life.

Maybe some of you don't realize that you're not just liquidating your car for these ****ty fares. You're also liquidating your awesome life for pennies, because earnings don't add up to something decent just driving for quest or low bonus fares, so you keep staying longer and longer in your car.

I seriously don't want this, so most likely I will stop doing rideshare driving wasting my life to make pennies.

I believe we all deserve better than that.

18. newubernoob007

You always post good numbers but most drivers would have to put 6 to 7 days a week and 14 hours online each day. That is murder.

I'm sure even you put 13 hours plus online per day to get that. Having to watch the surge app and being ready and readily available to take a trip or waiting in a parking lot some where is still work.

Let's do some math 14 x 5 = 70 hours / $1,200 = $17 phr gross minus expenses. Since your driving hours are a lot less, you probably spend $100-150 on gas? Let's not mention maintenance and taxes. So about $16 to 15 bucks per hour ouch for all that crap. Uber will never pay a fair wage even with surge you aren't making as much as you think.

The most valuable thing we have is time, don't forget that.

UberIsAllFubared likes this.
  19. Kay1661

Kay1661 Well-Known Member

Select is even worse.