Is anyone in the Austin area driving

Fast4cash

My friend is. He has n95 masks and a Ultra violet light he says kill 99.9% of all bacteria and viruses in ten seconds or less

Last edited:

Fast4cash

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It’s a portable one for a hotel room, and that sized areas. It’s supposedly could clean a room in 10 sec. 99% viruses including corona. I read a la times article about how Uber light can help the stop and kill rona

Ziggy

99% of drivers are not members of UP ... There are 5 drivers who I know that are driving regularly (even though some of them are also collecting UI).

JustTreatMeFair

99% of drivers are not members of UP ... There are 5 drivers who I know that are driving regularly (even though some of them are also collecting UI).
Provided they are disclosing the money they are making driving each time they request payment it's perfectly OK. The amount they collect will be adjusted.

If they are NOT reporting it they are breaking the law.

I expect at some point in time Companies like UBER will be sued by states to recover monies they are not reimbursed by the Federal Government. A defense to their claims will be that they were continuing to use the workers and during the period they filed claims they were paid XXX Dollars.

Defrauding the State of Texas or the Federal Government is nothing short if idiotic.

RobLinn

of course NOT reporting your “Profits” will lead to problems with the TWC

But,

you need to understand HOW to report your “Profits”

you report NET PROFITS on your weekly claim

that’s AFTER EXPENSES

Any professional driver can zero out their weekly profits by using the simple IRS Mileage deduction (or you can use Actual expenses but not both)

so if you made $200 for the week & drove 1,200 Miles (the 2020 IRS Mileage deduction rate is $.575 per mile) your “Expenses” would be $690 which means you posted a Profit LOSS of $490 which would be reported as $0 on your weekly claim

Per the TWC reporting instructions for self employed on Page 12

So basically when the extra $600 runs out we can still collect the $207 until the benefits are exhausted (about 23 weeks worth)

😉
E83216FA-AAB5-4694-9970-663240FE9FEA.jpeg

Provided they are disclosing the money they are making driving each time they request payment it's perfectly OK. The amount they collect will be adjusted.

If they are NOT reporting it they are breaking the law.

I expect at some point in time Companies like UBER will be sued by states to recover monies they are not reimbursed by the Federal Government. A defense to their claims will be that they were continuing to use the workers and during the period they filed claims they were paid XXX Dollars.

Defrauding the State of Texas or the Federal Government is nothing short if idiotic.

ATXFALCON

Even with drivers collecting UI I don't imagine there's going to be a driver shortage. I'm looking to use my time getting a new business going. I'm perfectly fine uninstalling those apps for the foreseeable future.

cokitmoce

so if you made $200 for the week & drove 1,200 Miles (the 2020 IRS Mileage deduction rate is $.575 per mile) your “Expenses” would be
I strongly suspect you're only allowed to deduct *actual* expenses from your earnings for the purposes of reporting weekly wages, rather than the standard per mile tax deduction. I could be wrong, but I'd want to talk to someone at TWC before I tried this

If you are desperate enough to do Uber Eats, you might look at Favor. Tips are better, although there is the additional hassle of having to call and place the order with the restaurants. Grocery deliveries now have a guaranteed fee of $5 plus tips, although you have to do the shopping which is time consuming. I am a part timer and find that Favor is works well in 4 hour bursts.

DDW

I strongly suspect you're only allowed to deduct *actual* expenses from your earnings for the purposes of reporting weekly wages, rather than the standard per mile tax deduction. I could be wrong, but I'd want to talk to someone at TWC before I tried this
TWC uses net profits (after milage deduction) to determine your initial weekly benefits, so why wouldn't it be the same?