• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is Anybody Left in the Western Massachusetts Forum?

Maven

Is anybody left on this forum that has passed CORI?
Eight thousand failed and were kicked out last April & May. :frown:
There have been no posts in this forum (except for me) since Sept 7 2017.
Before that it was May 7 2017, four months earlier.
If so, do you drive Uber, Lyft, or both? How do they compare?

If you would like information about CORI the look here. If you're afraid of CORI, but haven't failed it then you can drive for Uber and/or Lyft in NYS, CT, VT, and NH.

Hopefully, I can liven up one of the quietest forums on UP.net :wink: Although there may be a large number of "lurkers", that choose to read, but not post.

Is anyone close enough to the border of NY State that would be interested in doing pickups in Albany or elsewhere in NY State? Have you heard that both Uber and Lyft have been active in NY State since June 29, 2017? Uber needs drivers. Have you investigated what is necessary to do this? If so then you may want to checkout the new rules just released by NYS DMV concerning rideshare outside NYC.
If you feel like taking a drive to talk to a real person about driving in NY, there is actually an Uber Greenlight hub off I-87 about 20 minutes drive north of Albany. It may be a lot closer for you than the Greenlight Hubs in Boston or Connecticut.

Courtyard by Marriot Clifton Park
627 Plank Road, Clifton Park, NY 12065
Fridays 11am - 4pm

Last edited:

Maven

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This Western Massachusetts forum is so dead that
  • No one has posted (besides me) since Sept 7 2017.
  • Before that it was May 7 2017, four months earlier.
Hopefully, there will be more life in the new NYS forums.
And not to forget those NYS forums that are a bit older
And last, but not least other nearby cities & states
Of course, you will need a NYS drivers license to legally be allowed to pickup anywhere in NYS,
If anybody does that, please post here and let others know about your experience.

Last edited:

Pulski

A huge chunk of the Western MA driving has to do with the colleges, which aren't open during the summer.

You mention needing a NYS license, does that mean I can't drive in Albany while living in MA?

Iamme78

Maven, you NEED a NYS license to drive in NY period right? I live in Vt, and can drive Vt, Ri, and Ct. What about Lyft can you dtive anywhere?

Maven

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maven, you NEED a NYS license to drive in NY period right? I live in Vt, and can drive Vt, Ri, and Ct. What about Lyft can you dtive anywhere?
Yes. You NEED a NYS license to pickup, but not dropoff in NYS.

Generally, Lyft matches Uber, plus more. Meaning if Uber allows it, probably Lyft does too. For example, Uber prohibits Canada, but Lyft allows. The only ways to be sure are to either DIY or contact Lyft support. Lyft does not have nasty red banners announcing you're geo-fenced like Uber, but Lyft will not send any requests, the REAL test.