Is anybody else's phone and/or Uber software glitching?

Numerous times tonight I've had a ping come through and when I go to press the screen a message pops up telling request has timed out or expired.

Earlier I drove 10 miles and 20 minutes to a pickup, I call the contact when I get there and she tells me they went ahead and drove because their app was messing up and they had no way of canceling or contacting me

Dave P

Numerous times tonight I've had a ping come through and when I go to press the screen a message pops up telling request has timed out or expired.

Earlier I drove 10 miles and 20 minutes to a pickup, I call the contact when I get there and she tells me they went ahead and drove because their app was messing up and they had no way of canceling or contacting me
I've had it time out on me once while accepting a ping, but the entire request disappeared on me when that happened.

Yuri Lygotme

Sometimes after I accept a request it is stuck on "sending...." Then a big RESTART button appears at the bottom of the screen

LuLu

My phone seems to act up after 5pm... Maybe more users on the system, kinda like the old dialup WiFi. Sit and wait and wait for a connection, must be the 3g.

Swed

try powering down and relaunching the app. That may solve the glitch problem, it worked for mine.

Bmfl

I get the same thing and it has effected my acceptance rate. They told me that it wouldn't but it definitely screwed me up last week. They should have your acceptance rate on your dashboard on Web and app along with every ride you accepted, took, and all the rides you turned down so you can keep them accountable as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It would seem the 3g network most these phones are on is very insufficient and Uber's network gets bogged down a lot...with these issues in mind I'm curious why incentives are based on variables that can be out of the driver's control.