Is Amazon Flex phasing out small vehicles?

Shonabear

I notice someone posted blocks for next week for large vehicle drivers. What's going to happen to us small vehicle people?

Watup

Blocks for larg vehicle are 4.5 or 5 hrs only , and are always for morning and afternoon , atleast that's the case at my warehouse, thr are still plenty of 3 and 3.5 for small cars

Tank_Driver

BUY A TANK! Sorry for caps lock... just passionate about having the right vehicle for the job.

Last edited:

Ted L.

At my warehouse the earliest block I see scheduled is for 12:45. Starting this late makes it almost impossible to get two blocks. Earlier blocks do show up the same day but they seem to be a rarity, I picked up a 12:15 block last week and there were only 4 cars for that time slot.

oicu812

Starting at 12:45 you can't get 2 blocks? Your station either doesn't have evening same day and/or retries or you choose not to do those.

At the stations I go to, I can get 2 blocks even starting at 3pm.

Last edited:

oicu812

The blocks end at 9:00 and due to the geographical area this warehouse serves it doesn't make sense for me to take 3 hour blocks (unless they get to $30/hr).
So one can get 2 blocks a day. It's just not ones you want. Then it's not impossible to get 2 blocks a day at your station.

oldfart

I think amazon is phasing out flex altogether. I’ve seen two prime branded Mercedes sprinter vans working in Ft Myers

I did a google search and found that amazon is building out their own delivery system similar to Fedex. They contract with a local company who will take on 20 to 40 routes, lease the vans and hire the drivers

Amazon recently ordered 20,000 vans

Last edited:

Ted L.

I can't see an elimination of flex, van drivers get around $14/hr and I can't imagine that the vans and DSP overhead cost less than $4. Additionally any change in local demand is absorbed by flex and not by the DSPs. A push towards larger vehicles makes sense as long as there are enough drivers willing to drive SUVs and minivans at car rates.

oicu812

It's not just 4.5 hour blocks. Here's a screenshot showing that a large vehicle is required for a 4 hour block.
I've done a 4.5 hour standard vehicle block. Wasn't too bad, it was 55 stops, 61 packages.

And Amazon won't let you do 40 hrs a week.
Please stop spreading BS. I've been doing 40 hours for who knows how long (with the exception of a couple of months back when they lowered the cap to 30/35 temporarily).

Watup

I've done a 4.5 hour standard vehicle block. Wasn't too bad, it was 55 stops, 61 packages.

Please stop spreading BS. I've been doing 40 hours for who knows how long (with the exception of a couple of months back when they lowered the cap to 30/35 temporarily).
BS Really?? I just picked 37.5 hrs and and nothing more then 2.5 was showing for me and as soon as i fotfit my one block orders showed up again, try using calculater when counting you hrs genius. They increase hrs limit during Holidays .