Is all this talk about Uber reducing the number of pings we get based on acceptance rate actually true?

Reynob Moore

I dont know what to make of this. Ive been getting pretty much nothing but really short trips lately. Yes, I have declined some requests here and there. But I did 21 rides today and all of them short rides. I grossed 168 total in 10.5 hours on the road which is quite unusual on a Friday in the bayarea. It has been shockingly slow.

GoldenGoji

In one of the posts in the LA/OC part of this forum, someone posted a picture of the notification from Uber that says drivers who decline many rides "may" get fewer ride requests. In other words, even if Uber used the word "may", we can assume that yes, they are punishing drivers who are picky and refusing unprofitable rides. I haven't gotten the notice myself, but I have experienced NOT receiving a single ride request in 2 hours, even after switching from one city to another after every 15 minutes, after I have declined numerous minimum fare rides or low rated passengers.

WindyCityAnt

Did 21 rides in DT Chicago, all were shit rides for the most part, also very long into the hoods mostly. 70% AR here.

Just happens to be as i filed a complaint against them over there support less help accross the world from me, who has no answers again.

“I should be contacted from there personal team member with in 24 hours”

As they read broken english from a computer screen, at least they admitted that each account is manually controlled unless an event. Thats the only answer i actually got from them.
Post automatically merged:

I will make sure to post pics tomorrow night, at there customer service excellence. I will be accepting pings from miles away in DT Chicago. Stopping and texting them. Uber does not care about you or me. Thay are greedy.

“I will not be picking you up. Now you have to call there support team for your money back so i can get my acceptance rate higher. Sorry. Im actually a great driver for them 4.97”

i will have a copy and paste ready. 😘

Last edited:

DexNex

I dont know what to make of this. Ive been getting pretty much nothing but really short trips lately. Yes, I have declined some requests here and there. But I did 21 rides today and all of them short rides. I grossed 168 total in 10.5 hours on the road which is quite unusual on a Friday in the bayarea. It has been shockingly slow.
It’s February.

WAHN

Just accept everything and Uber will treat you right.

Uber only does what's best for the community.

mind-control.jpg

producemanjames

877B92B0-B1B3-4AEE-9685-CCE18F4CDA08.png

Got this tonight for declining a crap load of shorties. 15 minutes later as I’m driving away from the 💩 pings I get a $30 ride in the direction I want. Screw you, Uber. I’m not intimidated.
And remember, “Independent Contractors”

DoubleDee

I dont know what to make of this. Ive been getting pretty much nothing but really short trips lately. Yes, I have declined some requests here and there. But I did 21 rides today and all of them short rides.

Lol ... have you learned your lesson yet ? Uber can be either a cruel or a benevolent master . Do as they wish and you'll be rewarded. Refuse to comply properly and you'll get nothing but scraps from the masters table.

dnlbaboof

its very slow, maybe Uber stopped subsidizing pool, and pool cheapos decided to take the bus or stay home........pool kept drivers busy, but recently uber said they might stop taking losses on pool.....

Poopy54

Well I refused 3 in a row 0.50, 0.8, and a 1.1 from 3-4 miles away, in AM rush traffic...

I work a bank of auto dealerships in the A.M. for consistent business.

Sitting not 30 yards from the service dept everyday. Now..... seeing where the people wait for their rideshare vehicles to pick them up.
And watching other Uber cars come in and grab these people, instead of me (the closest to them) getting the call.....So yes Uber is screwing with us, I am a firm believer in this

Cold Fusion

Well I refused 3 in a row 0.50, 0.8, and a 1.1 from 3-4 miles away, in AM rush traffic...
Sitting not 30 yards from the service dept everyday. Now..... seeing where the people wait for their rideshare vehicles to pick them up.
And watching other Uber cars come in and grab these people, instead of me (the closest to them) getting the call.....So yes Uber is screwing with us, I am a firm believer in this
the Algorithm tends to ignore drivers that attempt to game the system
and/or Down Rate ubers’s paying customers.

If u ran the company would you send your paying customers to
a disposable oversupplied nonemployee who doesn’t like your clients?

Uber/The Algorithm’s priority is to Serve & Protect paying customers

XLnoGas

In one of the posts in the LA/OC part of this forum, someone posted a picture of the notification from Uber that says drivers who decline many rides "may" get fewer ride requests. In other words, even if Uber used the word "may", we can assume that yes, they are punishing drivers who are picky and refusing unprofitable rides. I haven't gotten the notice myself, but I have experienced NOT receiving a single ride request in 2 hours, even after switching from one city to another after every 15 minutes, after I have declined numerous minimum fare rides or low rated passengers.
If you haven’t received a request for two hours, did you try restarting your phone?

dmoney155

"
Is all this talk about Uber reducing the number of pings we get based on acceptance rate actually true?
"
Yes, if you're paranoid.

But really, it should be yes.... think of it this way, why would they send you a ping if there is a high chance of not accepting?, it impacts the time to match... so if it was me running the show, hell yeah, I would put anyone with low AR at the end of the list of me calling you.

Poopy54

the Algorithm tends to ignore drivers that attempt to game the system
and/or Down Rate ubers’s paying customers.

If u ran the company would you send your paying customers to
a disposable oversupplied nonemployee who doesn’t like your clients?

Uber/The Algorithm’s priority is to Serve & Protect paying customers
No gaming anyone......sitting in AM rush, to need to exit and go opposite way, this customer would need to wait 15-20 min for me to get there, and after all the traffic I would deal with and almost get there, then they cancel. I will not go for those calls.

And besides that fact that the closest driver gets the call is actually for the benefit of the customer, so they are served in the quickest time allowed.....so when I am staging 30 yards away, and drivers that are a mile or two away are getting those calls is actually going against Ubers attempt to get these customers as quick as possible

kingcorey321

uber , my acc rating is less then 50 always been Im not sure what it is right now.. Here i get ping after ping non stop . ill only accept a ping that is less then 6 minutes away.
no it does not affect how many pings you get in my area . ill refuse 20 or 30 rides a night easily and only do 10 to 15 rides . long rides refused over 6 minutes refused rating under 4.70 refused

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Leaving each other hanging? I love it!

OldBay

These lessons are being learned by each new crop of drivers.