IS ALL THIS DRIVING TAKING A TOLL ON YOUR POOR CAR

Uberpoordriver

After 2 years of driving my new car is longer new lmao has stains doesn't smell new brakes squeaking tires change many time shocks not holding up transmission getting sluggish engine making ticking sounds smh ummm it seems like we are taking equity out of cars for a pay check car repairs are not cheap when they all come one after another dam this sucks

Euius

After two years of driving your car, it is no longer new

That is a revelation to be carved into mountainsides. Generations to come will meditate on its significance.

BTW: If you don't have a good idea of what you're losing to depreciation per mile, then you don't know what your overall costs are per mile, and so you don't even know what your after- expenses earnings are. In short, you're doing Uber wrong.

For my once-upon-a-time new Prius it is about 5 cents per mile.

manuella

After 2 years of driving my new car is longer new lmao has stains doesn't smell new brakes squeaking tires change many time shocks not holding up transmission getting sluggish engine making ticking sounds smh ummm it seems like we are taking equity out of cars for a pay check car repairs are not cheap when they all come one after another dam this sucks
What kind car do you drive

agtg

If you have a nice vehicle, Uber is not worth trashing it for the money you make.

It's not just Uber. I was hired by another company a while back and they paid $15 bucks an hour. The catch was you had to use your own vehicle to canvass the community in each day. Since I was not subject to Common Core math lessons growing up, it was clear that the job only paid $10 per hour, but deceptively "rented" your vehicle for an additional $5 per hour. Considering depreciation and potential repair, accident, and other unforeseen issues, it was not worth the time or effort.

You would do better to simply find a $10 an hour job 5 minutes drive from your home.

These companies are schemey. Back in the day, if a company wanted to send people all over town to do something in a vehicle, the company covered the costs and risks related to the vehicle.

This is just a new way to do business, and rip off the workers to widen their profit margin.

Uberpoordriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you have a nice vehicle, Uber is not worth trashing it for the money you make.

It's not just Uber. I was hired by another company a while back and they paid $15 bucks an hour. The catch was you had to use your own vehicle to canvass the community in each day. Since I was not subject to Common Core math lessons growing up, it was clear that the job only paid $10 per hour, but deceptively "rented" your vehicle for an additional $5 per hour. Considering depreciation and potential repair, accident, and other unforeseen issues, it was not worth the time or effort.

You would do better to simply find a $10 an hour job 5 minutes drive from your home.

These companies are schemey. Back in the day, if a company wanted to send people all over town to do something in a vehicle, the company covered the costs and risks related to the vehicle.

This is just a new way to do business, and rip off the workers to widen their profit margin.
You are right about that

Uberpoordriver

After two years of driving your car, it is no longer new

That is a revelation to be carved into mountainsides. Generations to come will meditate on its significance.

BTW: If you don't have a good idea of what you're losing to depreciation per mile, then you don't know what your overall costs are per mile, and so you don't even know what your after- expenses earnings are. In short, you're doing Uber wrong.

For my once-upon-a-time new Prius it is about 5 cents per mile.
5cents a mile lmao no wonder why uber keeps lowering rates because Thers driver out ther beleave it cost 5 penny's a miles to operate smh

Euius

5cents a mile lmao no wonder why uber keeps lowering rates because Thers driver out ther beleave it cost 5 penny's a miles to operate smh
I didn't say it costs 5 cents a mile to operate. I said, quite clearly in legible English, that it is 5 cents a mile depreciation.

Your 2014 Camry is also 5 cents a mile depreciation.

If you need assistance with understanding any of the terms I used, consult a dictionary.

Uberpoordriver

I didn't say it costs 5 cents a mile to operate. I said, quite clearly in legible English, that it is 5 cents a mile depreciation.

Your 2014 Camry is also 5 cents a mile depreciation.

If you need assistance with understanding any of the terms I used, consult a dictionary.
Umm how's that when irs gives you .54 cents tax write off depreciation don't act like your hella smart telling me to consult my dictionary you drive uber just like an imagrant that just came to America last weak or even a taxi driver so check your tone or get off my thread
I hate when uneducated driver pretends to be eduacated on this forum kiss my you know what

Euius

Umm how's that when irs gives you .54 cents tax write off depreciation don't act like your hella smart telling me to consult my dictionary you drive uber just like an imagrant that just came to America last weak or even a taxi driver so check your tone or get off my thread
I hate when uneducated driver pretends to be eduacated on this forum kiss my you know what
I'm going to act "hella smart" because compared to you, I am.

The 54 cents is a standard deduction. It is not the cost of operating a vehicle. The standard deduction is geared to compensate all vehicles driven in all possible jobs, including those low mpg cars driven for low miles, which cost the highest per mile. Uber drivers are exactly the opposite, high mpg for high miles. Thus the per mile cost is significantly lower than 54 cents.

Every single person, and I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE, who complains about poor earnings in SF are doing cost per mile wrong, and 90% of them are like you and pretending the 54 cent deduction is their actual cost. It's not going to ever be, and your Camry is one of the cheapest. I'd estimate at under 20 cents a mile total, inclusive of gas, maintenance and depreciation.

The 54 cent deduction is actually a source of tax free earnings for Uber drivers. The value left over after actual costs are not taxed at either the Self Employment tax or Income tax.

You should consult a dictionary because you can't even spell immigrant right. I'll pretend that "weak" was a typo and not another misspelling.

Uberpoordriver

I'm going to act "hella smart" because compared to you, I am.

The 54 cents is a standard deduction. It is not the cost of operating a vehicle. The standard deduction is geared to compensate all vehicles driven in all possible jobs, including those low mpg cars driven for low miles, which cost the highest per mile. Uber drivers are exactly the opposite, high mpg for high miles. Thus the per mile cost is significantly lower than 54 cents.

Every single person, and I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE, who complains about poor earnings in SF are doing cost per mile wrong, and 90% of them are like you and pretending the 54 cent deduction is their actual cost. It's not going to ever be, and your Camry is one of the cheapest. I'd estimate at under 20 cents a mile total, inclusive of gas, maintenance and depreciation.

The 54 cent deduction is actually a source of tax free earnings for Uber drivers. The value left over after actual costs are not taxed at either the Self Employment tax or Income tax.

You should consult a dictionary because you can't even spell immigrant right. I'll pretend that "weak" was a typo and not another misspelling.
I bet you I have completed more trips than you and have a better rating than you and make more per hour than you trust me when it comes to rideshare here in the Bay Area you can't teach me how to make money on ride share and he who claims to be smarter is truely dumber you must be Jim Carrey if your so smart why don't you go work for ubers head quater let me guess they rather have u drive for .62 penny's a mile because you think your operating cost is .5 penny's hahhahah I may be dumb but your dumber newbee

Old Rocker

LOL, you can't even spell words correctly and you're lecturing people about being educated. Sorry, it had to be said.