• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is 65 Miles too far for an Uber?

Deadeyedannn

Hello everyone! Happy Easter! I am a student in Latrobe, Pa, and I am flying into the Pittsburgh airport tomorrow. My current goal is to get an Uber ride from the Pitt airport to my school in Latrobe. The distance is pretty long and about 65 miles. I calculated the price and I am more than willing to pay the fare. My question is, is that too far? If I landed in Pitt at 9 p.m. could I find a driver to give me a ride?

Howie428Uber

In general I'd guess drivers would be happy to get a long trip from the airport, even if it is a dead-head. You could tip to reflect that. It probably makes sense to call the driver and tell them where the destination is, so that they have the option to cancel. You'll then just get another driver and eventually you'll find one that's happy to do it.

Deadeyedannn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I see, thank you. I have never used uber before. When you request a ride you input the start and end location right? Do they see that when you submit it? I imagined that you send a request for a ride and then a driver sees the ride and can accept it or not.

Howie428Uber

No, the driver does not see the destination until they start the trip when they pick you up. They should get this info, but Uber doesn't want drivers picking and choosing trips.