• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is “Quiet Mode” a good idea?

OC-Moe

somedriverguy

Post automatically merged:

Uber riders can now ask their drivers to be quiet directly from the app, but you'll pay extra for that convenience
And I'm sure the driver gets a percentage of this "quiet fee", probably anywhere from zero to one percent.

EphLux

Uber Quiet Mode, aka "Driver, STFU" will go down as one of the tell tale signs Uber's demise came through their own hubris.

Best ways to fail in Rideshare, Recap:

1) Pay drivers less than minimum wage after expenses.

2) Use technology to create a virtual slave labor pool and call it "independent contracting"

3) Tell a grown man or woman to STFU in their own vehicle.

New-Member

Uber Quiet Mode, aka "Driver, STFU" will go down as one of the tell tale signs Uber's demise came through their own hubris.

X & Pool yeah, but above that you knew what you were getting into. More money in exchange for Service, so serve.

Bartolovski

2) Use technology to create a virtual slave labor pool and call it "independent contracting"

Owning a vehicle doesn’t give you the right to disturb a paying customer.

Driver_Down

LMFAO yup break it down simply and it’s jysr clearly flags of disrespect.

Eskimo G

Uber drivers are already slaves. Uber is just making it official. Next year, they lobby and make it legal.

LoveBC

Customer paid the company, not driver, for a ride. Until customers pay for ny vehicle registration, car insurance, or gas, then my car my rules, especially at these low rates.
Changes are for black not for ants

Phoenix123

This is just dumb, I actually only talk to passengers when they talk to me, I don't spark conversations with them. I confirm their name and there location, but other than that, I listen to my music and ride in the temperature i feel comfortable.

I have had many passengers tell me its to cool or too hot, and I either increase or decrease air. It really not all that hard to ask especially if you start with hey do you mind if.....

If you are polite about it, I don't see any issue with your request to change the station, turn up or down the music or listen to a different station

IdoThisPartTime

This is just dumb, I actually only talk to passengers when they talk to me, I don't spark conversations with them. I confirm their name and there location, but other than that, I listen to my music and ride in the temperature i feel comfortable.

I have had many passengers tell me its to cool or too hot, and I either increase or decrease air. It really not all that hard to ask especially if you start with hey do you mind if.....

If you are polite about it, I don't see any issue with your request to change the station, turn up or down the music or listen to a different station
Exactly, when you do this for 5 years, it’s mostly same topic and conversation. Here and there when they talk it actually can be a good conversation but most times it’s either quite or small talk.