Irvine to San Francisco, would you do it?

Iatsan

Pax ordered a XL last night. When I got there, he asked me if I would drive him to SF and offered a “tip”. I declined mostly because I had a trip today and would not make it back in time for my flight.
Then I started thinking for how much I would do it if I was free. I guess nothing less than $1500, off the app. It’s 400+ miles each way. Between 6 to 8 hours of driving each way.
He said he had done it before. I wonder if drivers do it on the app. For how much would you do it?

Attachments

• C2C46CD9-670C-4AEF-841F-522D305C5DAA.jpeg
    C2C46CD9-670C-4AEF-841F-522D305C5DAA.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 160

LoveBC

Dubious that the app would work properly the entire route.

$1200 in cash is as low as I’d go.

U phoria

In the current rideshare climate I would A. Not trust the pax to pull some type of scam and B. Uber not try to screw me some way.

In an XL vehicle $1200 cash UPFRONT is fair.

Yukon I would want more

MOJAVE MADMAN

Pax ordered a XL last night. When I got there, he asked me if I would drive him to SF and offered a “tip”. I declined mostly because I had a trip today and would not make it back in time for my flight.
Then I started thinking for how much I would do it if I was free. I guess nothing less than $1500, off the app. It’s 400+ miles each way. Between 6 to 8 hours of driving each way.
He said he had done it before. I wonder if drivers do it on the app. For how much would you do it?

I did LAX to sacktown for 350 dollars

It was a January and better hourly that anything else I could have been doing

That trip on the 5 is extremely boring and there is no signal during large portions of the trip

Had to get an adjustment cause of lost signal

Shibby7

Yea isn’t there a max $$ on the app?
Post automatically merged:

When I request a short ride it gives me price, when it’s to San Francisco it tells me poor connection, request without seeing price?!!!!??? WTF. I’m at home on WiFi! No it’s not poor connection. Shady shit

Attachments

• EFCFC652-26E3-48F8-9E35-9BD1266A2783.png
    EFCFC652-26E3-48F8-9E35-9BD1266A2783.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 70
  • B0BFCA8D-09A9-4C98-9818-1C87185DFA4A.png
    B0BFCA8D-09A9-4C98-9818-1C87185DFA4A.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 69

AngelAdams

Maximum fare is $400. DO NOT DO TRIPS ABOVE $400. You will not be compensated.

uberer2016

Of course you HAVE TO do it off app if the opportunity presents itself. Why would you ever want to split 50% of that fare with Uber? Duuuhhh!

I would use a rental, though. Again, I will never understand why some people would pay 10x the cost and spent 6x the time to drive there instead of flying.

GreatWhiteHope

12 hours round trip?

I’d do it on app for SUV rates

somedriverguy

Of course you HAVE TO do it off app if the opportunity presents itself. Why would you ever want to split 50% of that fare with Uber? Duuuhhh!

I would use a rental, though. Again, I will never understand why some people would pay 10x the cost and spent 6x the time to drive there instead of flying.
Inner ear problems.

No fly list share name with a known terrorist even though you look NOTHING like them.

Student Visa.

For the lulz.

GreatWhiteHope

I had a $1000 black from La to Vegas
He wanted it on app
He only wanted to me deliver a paper thin red envelope
It wasn’t shady — wealthy guy

Beautiful thing is don’t care about ‘Why’
Just take the money