Irresponsible Pax

westieuber

Picked up two female pax last night, it was a decent ride with two destinations. The pax who booked was getting dropped off first. I didn't even realise how intoxicated her friend who was getting dropped off last was until the first pax got out and said "make sure she gets home alright". I looked over and low a behold she was passed out, the other pax quickly sprinted away and into her apartment building. So off we go to the final destination which is a further 10 mins away. We arrive and it takes me 5 mins to wake her up. I had the address for her unit number and all. When she woke she straightened up her glasses looking around and had absolutely no idea where she was. I had to tell her 5 times "you are home". Finally she alighted from the vehicle but to my surprise she walked back toward the main road, then as I was driving away I saw her turn and head back in the right direction. How bad a friend must you be to not ensure your friend gets home safely. I hate those situations and think what if something happens to her, the first suspect will be me and you know what the news is like they will pin it on you without knowing the facts or having any evidence confirming it.

Anyone else had any similar issues and how do you handle it?

sd1303

Picked up two female pax last night, it was a decent ride with two destinations. The pax who booked was getting dropped off first. I didn't even realise how intoxicated her friend who was getting dropped off last was until the first pax got out and said "make sure she gets home alright". I looked over and low a behold she was passed out, the other pax quickly sprinted away and into her apartment building. So off we go to the final destination which is a further 10 mins away. We arrive and it takes me 5 mins to wake her up. I had the address for her unit number and all. When she woke she straightened up her glasses looking around and had absolutely no idea where she was. I had to tell her 5 times "you are home". Finally she alighted from the vehicle but to my surprise she walked back toward the main road, then as I was driving away I saw her turn and head back in the right direction. How bad a friend must you be to not ensure your friend gets home safely. I hate those situations and think what if something happens to her, the first suspect will be me and you know what the news is like they will pin it on you without knowing the facts or having any evidence confirming it.

Anyone else had any similar issues and how do you handle it?

That's rotten. Sounds like you did what you could. If she got out of your car, seems like the ride is over.

If you couldn't wake her up, I'd call the police from the requested destination rather than driving the pax to the police station (somewhere that you weren't asked to go).

Things could go sideways quick if a drunk female wakes up and (legitimately) feels that she is being driven to an unknown location. Or someone watching the app sees you going off-course.

[email protected]

This is the problem. More and more is being expected for sometimes a minimum fare. Where do drivers draw the line? Often you don't have the time to refuse pax before they jump in your car and once they are inside, it becomes your problem.
I would avoid touching a drunk pax under any circumstances. If they decide to make false accusations, you don't want your DNA on them.

ratethis

Call 911, alcohol poisoning, ? Let professionals handle it... sell story to supermarket rag papers,utube, record situation, make some money donate 1/2 to local rescue depts. people learn by example. Just a thought...

Thing

Call 911, alcohol poisoning, ? Let professionals handle it... sell story to supermarket rag papers,utube, record situation, make some money donate 1/2 to local rescue depts. people learn by example. Just a thought...
LOL I don't think the US emergency 911 service extends to Australia hahahaha :cool:

& even if they did, by the time someone from the US of A gets here, well, she would have had a nice 12 hour snooze & sobered up :biggrin:

sd1303

LOL I don't think the US emergency 911 service extends to Australia hahahaha :cool:

& even if they did, by the time someone from the US of A gets here, well, she would have had a nice 12 hour snooze & sobered up :biggrin:

Wow! You're so clever! Guess it would have been too much to ask of you to comprehend what was being said and translate 911 to mean 000.

ratethis

Oops ! :eek:... don't call 911, they will not help you... try 000 or whatever number you need to use for an emergency, smoke signals ?! send up a flair!?! :p

sliderz

If the pax who booked the ride had a little decency, they would drop off the passed out friend first so they can deal with the wake up call etc.
I have mentioned this to pax ive had in my car previously and never had a problem with changing the drop off schedule, especially if the drops are only a few min/kms apart.

westieuber

If the pax who booked the ride had a little decency, they would drop off the passed out friend first so they can deal with the wake up call etc.
I have mentioned this to pax ive had in my car previously and never had a problem with changing the drop off schedule, especially if the drops are only a few min/kms apart.
Yes that is true, the first drop off was insistent that she be dropped first even though she would have been aware her friend was in a bad state. What kind of friend could you be, or is this a regular occurrence of her friend getting that drunk that she doesn't really want to deal with it anymore!

[email protected]

Yes that is true, the first drop off was insistent that she be dropped first even though she would have been aware her friend was in a bad state. What kind of friend could you be, or is this a regular occurrence of her friend getting that drunk that she doesn't really want to deal with it anymore!
That's why she paid a fare to you. Not only to take her home but to also dump her problem on you so she can get home and crash and leave you to deal with it. All part of the service.

sd1303

That's why she paid a fare to you. Not only to take her home but to also dump her problem on you so she can get home and crash and leave you to deal with it. All part of the service.

Just let the second passenger sleep it off in your car... with the meter running, of course. All part of the service... especially during surge pricing.

westieuber

Just let the second passenger sleep it off in your car... with the meter running, of course. All part of the service... especially during surge pricing.

Yeah well I guess your right but her kind don't do surge trips they wait it out and then the friend is even worse by the time I had picked them up!

You'd be making the big bucks at $0.40 per minute.make that $0.30 after uber takes its cut

Yeah should of just parked out the front of the pub and went in for a couple of beers, I was heading home on set destination any how and wasn't far off.

sd1303

You'd be making the big bucks at $0.40 per minute.make that $0.30 after uber takes its cut

Yea? Multiply by 8 hours? About $150 after Uber's cut with no miles burned. Go off and take your own nap as well. Not a serious suggestion, but it would be a rather surprising bill for Pax #1.