Uber Drivers Forum banner

Iphone and GPS signal

837 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  ManwBiGcar 
#1 ·
I finally said GFY to my old crappy HTC and bought a shiny new iphone 7 plus so i can watch 4K pron on big screen while camping in JFK.
Everything is great and smooth except little problem by itself and huge for me - navigation barely works.
While moving google maps goes crazy by sliding back and forth on the road.
Waze is delayed, so I have constantly scroll map to see where to go next.
Apple maps are not avaliable for using with app, but i would not use it anyway.
Updated the phone to latest software version, played with a million different setting, but still have the problem.
If someone experienced and eliminated this issue - please, let me know.
All the best..apple newafg:(:rolleyes:

#6 ·
It's not a software issue. It's hardware and nothing will fix it. If you can exchange your phone for another one. Maybe you got lemon
I was kinda thinking the same thing. Apple has started trying to "fix" devices rather than handing out new ones... so maybe they'll try to 'fix' yours. If you're within the 30 days of purchase, do NOT accept a 'repair' job... return the device and purchase a new device if you have to.

#7 ·
It's not a software issue. It's hardware and nothing will fix it. If you can exchange your phone for another one. Maybe you got lemon
Most likely it is from hardware. I have read a ton of websites about that issue. A lot of people have had simular problem, but it was a year ago.
If it was a used one i would give it a shot and replace logic board antenna, who know.. but it is still in warranty.
My dusty screwdrivers will wait:rolleyes:

#8 ·
I bought iPhone 7+ to fix GPS issues with my Samsung Note 5 a month ago. The GPS was perfect in the beginning but then slowly started doing the same troubles like the Samsung. I also use a magnetic car holder and I suspect this has something to do with the GPS issue.

#13 ·
I'm on 6s Plus with Sprint and I don't have that problem.

Maybe when I'm in the canyons of Wall Street it might go all over the place. But thats' everyone.

I actually think apple has the best GPS of all the smart phones.
S6 and s7 worke best for me, very little play in financial district, but its ok. When buying new phone make sure it has GPS GLONASS and aGPS. And u can buy gps assisting software on playstore. I have one its called gps status

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.