Inviting San Francisco Drivers Concerned by Unnecessary "Circling"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUSTINSPOT

NO MORE UNNECESSARY CIRCLING,
SAVE$ WEAR and TEAR
(on cars and the environment)

We're supper excited to invite San Francisco based ride-share drivers to participate in testing an innovative app that aims to solve an ongoing dilemma they face servicing highly congested urban area(s).

Our app is called JUSTINSPOT.

JUSTINSPOT is a peer-to-peer parking marketplace that connects users with parking spots and rides-for-hire drivers (i.e. standby Uber drivers between rides) via its location aware app. Drivers can grab or exchange parking spots in real-time in neighboring spaces while reducing cost, wear, congestion, emissions, and pollution caused by unnecessary ‘circling‘ around in dense urban area(s). A win-win solution that benefits all.

"On-demand Airbnb of Parking Spots for Drivers in Dense Urban Areas."

You're highly encouraged to visit JUSTINSPOT to learn more. Please email us to be added to the invitation list.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

JUSTINSPOT team

Last edited:

Euius

It is illegal in SF to sell public parking spaces. The SF DA has already sued one company out of existence.

As it stands, I just park in driveways. As I'm not walking away from the vehicle, it hasn't been a problem when the rare occurrence of a car coming up needing to use the driveway.

manuella

I hope you guys are developing this technology so you can get bought out.

No offense to my fellow uber drivers but we are hella cheap so it's gotta absolutely be free .

Uber X drivers don't need to park , Not in SF . Who you need is the select/ black drivers , their acars are gas guzzlers and they are not spoilt with a ping every 5 minutes

Have you guys done research , like driven uber for 2 weeks in SF ? may be you should.

JUSTINSPOT

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you for the comment. The app is for users who own (or have rights to) private spots. This is intended as an airbnb like service to incentives private parking owners to offer their private spots when not in use.

JUSTINSPOT

It is illegal in SF to sell public parking spaces. The SF DA has already sued one company out of existence.

As it stands, I just park in driveways. As I'm not walking away from the vehicle, it hasn't been a problem when the rare occurrence of a car coming up needing to use the driveway.
Thank you for the comment. The app is for users who own (or have rights to) private spots. This is intended as an airbnb like service to incentives private parking owners to offer their private spots when not in use.

elelegido

UberX drivers in SF aren't going to be in the least bit interested in this.

Drivers aren't going to be bothered with firing up an app, then looking for a parking space, then driving to it. In downtown, they'll get a ping before they ever get to halfway though this process. And outside of downtown, drivers just pull over and park up outside a driveway, or in a parking lot, or by a hydrant etc and wait a couple of minutes for the next ping. If someone needs their driveway, or a nearby building bursts into flames and a fire truck pulls up needing the hydrant, the driver just moves on; no problem. Finally, drivers will not pay for this; there's no reason for them to.

JUSTINSPOT

I hope you guys are developing this technology so you can get bought out.

No offense to my fellow uber drivers but we are hella cheap so it's gotta absolutely be free .

Uber X drivers don't need to park , Not in SF . Who you need is the select/ black drivers , their acars are gas guzzlers and they are not spoilt with a ping every 5 minutes

Have you guys done research , like driven uber for 2 weeks in SF ? may be you should.
Great comments. We think the cost of wear and tear, gas as well as immeasurable environmental impact to match of those parking. Although such cost are possible deductible business expenses, we envision/hope that Uber and others provide some kind of reimbursement plans...

manuella

Great comments. We think the cost of wear and tear, gas as well as immeasurable environmental impact to match of those parking. Although such cost are possible deductible business expenses, we envision/hope that Uber and others provide some kind of reimbursement plans...
You haven't researched your audience :frown: may be you took a couple uber sand pitched the idea ? Let me guess , they loved it so much .

Blame the rating system for that

you are attempting to solve a problem we don't have ,try to target uber select and uber black anyway that's just my thoughts.

I will sign up and support you guys , who knows might be cool

elelegido

You haven't researched your audience :frown: may be you took a couple uber sand pitched the idea ? Let me guess , they loved it so much .

you are attempting to solve a problem we don't have ,try to target uber select and uber black anyway that's just my thoughts.

I don't know... what would the pitch be? "Hey, Select and Black drivers - sucks to be you and that you don't have enough business to keep you busy. But, fear not, you can pay me for a place to park up while you wait!"

Can't see it being the most promising business proposition of the year.

Uberdancer

We're supper excited to invite San Francisco based ride-share drivers to participate in testing an innovative app that aims to solve an ongoing dilemma they face servicing highly congested urban area(s). Our app is called JUSTINSPOT. JUSTINSPOT is a peer-to-peer parking marketplace that connects users with parking spots and rides-for-hire drivers (i.e. standby Uber drivers between rides) via its location aware app. Drivers can grab or exchange parking spots in real-time in neighboring spaces while reducing cost, wear, congestion, emissions, and pollution caused by unnecessary ‘circling‘ around in dense urban area(s
Ya gotta remember yer talkin' to a bunch of tough talkin' mucho macho super duper Uber drivin' du-hu-hu-hu-huuuuudes

Ya gotta talk tough ... talk like a man ... mebbee ol' Clint can demonstrate for ya how to talk to a real tough talkin' mucho macho super duper Uber drivin' du-hu-hu-hu-huuude

JUSTINSPOT

UberX drivers in SF aren't going to be in the least bit interested in this.

Drivers aren't going to be bothered with firing up an app, then looking for a parking space, then driving to it. In downtown, they'll get a ping before they ever get to halfway though this process. And outside of downtown, drivers just pull over and park up outside a driveway, or in a parking lot, or by a hydrant etc and wait a couple of minutes for the next ping. If someone needs their driveway, or a nearby building bursts into flames and a fire truck pulls up needing the hydrant, the driver just moves on; no problem. Finally, drivers will not pay for this; there's no reason for them to.
Your points are well taken. Busy, rapid pings are fair games. More power to drivers. However, for those with longer pause time for various reasons such as slower luxury pings, driver breaks/rests, low serge periods, etc need mindful solutions.

RedoBeach

So basically I could rent out my 2 driveway spots and someone else could reserve them? What about my garage? (I don't really want to rent the garage, just curious).

RedoBeach

Uber barely reimburses our fares correctly. "Reimburse" is not in their vocabulary.

JUSTINSPOT

I personally am and have been an avid Uber customer for several years (from year one)--using Uber services all over US and Europe. The issue is more visible abroad due to tighter spaces causing drivers to constantly circle between rides (such as central London). We are testing it in DTSF due to some similarities, but US drivers in general have more space to work with. Our focus is primarily super dense urban areas. San Francisco may not be the absolute ideal place, but its the closest for us to do our initial soft testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.