Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Invisible In Mobile

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Eugene73 
#1 ·
Does anybody have a clue as to what's going on in Mobile Al.? I can no longer pick up riders in the City of Mobile. I can only pick up in the County. ( When I cross a particular street, My car icon disappears and the pings stop). Whats up with that? For instance; I picked up a rider right outside of Mobile ( Tillmans Corner), took him downtown,dropped him off with one my Uber Cards. It was his first Uber ride and He wanted me to come back and get him. So I did,at 2AM. We turned on our apps. and proceed to contact. (keep in mind the car Icon is not showing on the rider app, meaning, the rider cannot tech me (driver). Now we're sitting in the car together with both phones touching. He picked up different drivers 3 times. So I drove away from downtown where there were no Uber cars showing on navigation. Same thing. We could not connect. He refused to ride with anyone else because by now he was drunk and a little uncomfortable,so I took him home for free. He tipped me $20.00. I was so embarrassed. He I am out here trying to run a business and stupid app doesn't work.
I've been corresponding with the fake tech department for 3 weeks trying to figure out what's going on and how to fix it before my cities major events kick off. This is really sad. I hope they fix it soon. Sooo much money lost.

#12 ·
I didn't ask them to review my account.They are so disobedient. I've also given them the screen shots to show my problem with the app.

Hi Catherine,
I understand your concern and I know how important this is to you. I'm Rohit from Uber Support and I would definitely like to help you with this.

Upon your request we've reviewed your account details and would like to inform you that everything is in order in your account.

If you are facing some issue related to your account. Kindly share the error screen shot.

I'm sorry for the extra step here, but these actions are taken in order to give you the appropriate service that a client like you deserves and give you the satisfactory response that you're looking for. I thank you for your patience while we work together to resolve this issue for you.
Sent by RS on Monday, November 21, 2016 at 9:48:43 PM

Share Details: Please double check my background check. One of my documents is not configured in my account properly and its causing me NOT to be able to drive in my city Mobile Al. Another driver here had the same issue and you fixed it by double checking and re-configuring something in the account. Please help me get back on the word, I haven't been able to drive in the city of mobile for a month. You can check my rides and see for yourself. The app only works in the county and surrounding cities.
Sent by Catherine H. on Monday, November 21, 2016 at 9:18:05 PM

Attachments

#13 ·
Does anybody have a clue as to what's going on in Mobile Al.? I can no longer pick up riders in the City of Mobile. I can only pick up in the County. ( When I cross a particular street, My car icon disappears and the pings stop). Whats up with that? For instance; I picked up a rider right outside of Mobile ( Tillmans Corner), took him downtown,dropped him off with one my Uber Cards. It was his first Uber ride and He wanted me to come back and get him. So I did,at 2AM. We turned on our apps. and proceed to contact. (keep in mind the car Icon is not showing on the rider app, meaning, the rider cannot tech me (driver). Now we're sitting in the car together with both phones touching. He picked up different drivers 3 times. So I drove away from downtown where there were no Uber cars showing on navigation. Same thing. We could not connect. He refused to ride with anyone else because by now he was drunk and a little uncomfortable,so I took him home for free. He tipped me $20.00. I was so embarrassed. He I am out here trying to run a business and stupid app doesn't work.
I've been corresponding with the fake tech department for 3 weeks trying to figure out what's going on and how to fix it before my cities major events kick off. This is really sad. I hope they fix it soon. Sooo much money lost.
How old is your car ?
Maybe Mobile has age limit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.