Inshur

Investor or madman ?

MEATIE

Now that LYFT has set the trend is there still anyone on here that still intends to invest at the IPO ?

MEATIE

Now that LYFT has set the trend is there still anyone on here that still intends to invest at the UBER IPO ?

Missed out a little word in the original post ,sorry

London-born-and-bred

To answer the OP's question.

I'm not a gambler, never have been, in fact I haven't even been inside a bookies and I have never placed a bet on anything ever.

However if Uber offer drivers shares at a good price I might well consider it.

I am looking long term and I don't claim to be any sort of financial whizz, I am just looking at what I can see, and despite all the bollocks spouted on here about local offices Uber is killing them and again despite what the BC's here and even the pretend ones would have you think Uber is hurting them badly as well.

So like it or not in the future there is only going to Uber (and Uber like services), the BC herd is also going to culled and I think there will come a point when Uber will make a profit.

There is an old adage "Only gamble what you can afford to lose" well I have a few £k tucked away in an ISA so I won't be "robbing Peter to pay Paul" and I can actually afford to lose this money ( if the worst happens and I do lose it the worst that will happen is no Spanish holidays for a few years)

I don't give a shit how Lyft did, it's in America not here, so I may well take a chance and go for it.

MEATIE

lyft still dropping like a stone ,expect UBER to do the same now at $64
Post automatically merged:

I'm not a gambler, never have been, in fact I haven't even been inside a bookies and I have never placed a bet on anything ever.

I am looking long term and I don't claim to be any sort of financial whizz, I am just looking at what I can see, and despite all the bollocks spouted on here about local offices Uber is killing them and again despite what the BC's here and even the pretend ones would have you think Uber is hurting them badly as well.

So like it or not in the future there is only going to Uber (and Uber like services), the BC herd is also going to culled and I think there will come a point when Uber will make a profit.

There is an old adage "Only gamble what you can afford to lose" well I have a few £k tucked away in an ISA so I won't be "robbing Peter to pay Paul" and I can actually afford to lose this money ( if the worst happens and I do lose it the worst that will happen is no Spanish holidays for a few years)

I don't give a shit how Lyft did, it's in America not here, so I may well take a chance and go for it.
"Here" is a tiny bit of UBERs total losses , I hear Blackpool is good in the summer :smiles:

London-born-and-bred

lyft still dropping like a stone ,expect UBER to do the same now at $64

"Here" is a tiny bit of UBERs total losses , I hear Blackpool is good in the summer :smiles:

Taking financial advice from an Uber drivers forum is like asking a fox to babysit the chickens and blackpool is shithole well past it's prime.

If it all goes pete tong a weekend at Southend will be all I can afford and that place is dire as well.

R.M.Ahmad

I have many times bought shares of the companies with asset values higher than market value of the company. Each time i made good return a lot better than bank interests.
In the case of Uber, I will invest some money no matter what.

MEATIE

I have many times bought shares of the companies with asset values higher than market value of the company. Each time i made good return a lot better than bank interests.
In the case of Uber, I will invest some money no matter what.
UBER has no assets ,you should have stuck you'r savings on LYFT you would only have lost $20 a share in just less than 2 weeks

Closed at $60.21, can see a few suicides in the news soon

Last edited:

R.M.Ahmad

Closed at $60.21, can see a few suicides in the news soon
During wall street crash on 1930s a lot of stock brokers committed suicide. 1987 stock market crash was worst than wall street crash of 1930s but no one committed suicide. you will not see any suicides but I am worried about sawf. I think he is seriously depressed for losing a lot of his hard earned money on stock market gambling.

Berty Biggs

I think Uber are relying this type of foolishness. I’d suggest you stick with Benidorm.