Introducing Personal Paycut

Amsoil Uber Connect

They can't make there pinger loud enough. Yet took the vibrate out AFTER the fact. Hey dumb ass, how about put that coding in just before the request comes in, smh... You do want my acceptance rating at 100% right ?

How I'm I to accept every ping then ?

Selector19

How do you turn off the shitty squirrelly noises the app is now making as Lyft adjusts the bonuses in the personal power zones to rip you off in the biggest way possible?
Why to rip you off? It's up to you whether to accept it or not. This new bonus system helps me a lot now since I'm on Lyft Lux platform. I've gotten a prime time very rarely before on Lux. I think only once or twice in a six-month period. But now I constantly get that personal bonus. For instance, last week I received 25% more in personal bonuses on top of my regular Lux pay.

Last edited:

Lord Summerisle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why to rip you off? It's up to you whether accept it or not. This new bonus system helps me a lot now since I'm on Lyft Lux platform. I've gotten a prime time very rarely before on Lux. I think only once in a six-month period. But now I constantly get that personal bonus. For instance, last week I received 25% more in personal bonuses on top of my regular Lux pay.
I'm so happy for you. Do you know how to turn the noises off?

Selector19

I'm so happy for you. Do you know how to turn the noises off?
Nope, never tried. I think you can try to play with the sound settings in the app.
Post automatically merged:

This new personal bonus system is especially good for short rides. So if your short ride is $7, for example, and your bonus is $5-7 (that's $10-14 with a 2X multiplier). So it's like a 150-200% prime time equivalent. The system isn't as good for long rides though (prime time was way better option). But I think that was the whole Lyft's idea - to encourage drivers to take more short trips during busy hours.

Last edited:

J_The_Driver

I turned phone sounds off, so I wouldn't hear that annoying sound for $3.
Ping came through, didn't hear it.
It should be acceptable to punch some people in the face.
Whoever thought this was a good idea, needs a good elbow to the eye socket

This new personal bonus system is especially good for short rides. So if your short ride is $7, for example, and your bonus is $5-7 (that's $10-14 with a 2X multiplier). So it's like a 150-200% prime time equivalent.
Short rides suck, even on Lux or Black. If I don't do at least $100 before breakfast it's been a bad morning. I normally can do that in a handful of rides. Now I have to do 10? It's not like the Select/Lux/Black pings are back to back either. I have been relying on picking up a few XL at some kind of surge/primetime multiple to keep me busy. And at least 1 airport trip but now those are going to be the worst options to get. XL level really is screwed on this whole thing. Some of those rides could pay pay well at 1.5 or greater and long rides. But hell no at the regular rates!

Babak

Lyft gave me the new primetime this week. Maybe cause I declined 20 regular Lyft's in Hollywood Saturday. I was on uber for 3.9 on filter and got nothing for a long time. Lyft's prime was 100 150. Kept declining on Lyft seeing a shared or a black person on the picture with 150. Was looking for 200%

Lord Summerisle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Short rides suck, even on Lux or Black. If I don't do at least $100 before breakfast it's been a bad morning. I normally can do that in a handful of rides. Now I have to do 10? It's not like the Select/Lux/Black pings are back to back either. I have been relying on picking up a few XL at some kind of surge/primetime multiple to keep me busy. And at least 1 airport trip but now those are going to be the worst options to get. XL level really is screwed on this whole thing. Some of those rides could pay pay well at 1.5 or greater and long rides. But hell no at the regular rates!
Lyft are already struggling with a shortage of XL drivers. They're really cutting their own throats. Back in the day I used to work for Blockbuster Video. They were a puke-inducing money-grabbing corporation prioritizing profit over wages and treated their employees like shit. I celebrated their ignominious demise and I'll be doing the same for Lyft.

I just logged on and experienced this personal power shitshow for myself. If there was an option to just disable this crap right now I would. So the difference between these and uber is that the amount increases if you stay in the pink zone. Like 2 cents a second. Woo hoo. Starting out at like $2.50 or some stupid number. And then it seems like these are going to be individual so not everyone is going to get the same power zones. That's the "personal" part. AND THEY DISAPPEAR IF YOU REJECT REQUESTS!

Do they think $2 ticking up by pennies means anything to a black car driver? I'm used to $20+ tips. It is a complete and utter waste of time. Out at Coachella last night there were a few times they came up with like $10 or maybe $12 bonus offered but what a joke (I didn't take a single lyft request not even black XL). Am I going to be anything other than pissed if I end up with a long ride at a tiny bonus bump? As I think others already suspect -- ATTACHING YOURSELF TO THIS BONUS MAKES YOU MORE EXPENSIVE THAN OTHER DRIVERS SO YOU WILL BE LAST TO GET THE CALL!! That just seems obvious.

Of course they know this. That's the same deal with the streak bonus -- they're trying to get you invested in the bonus so they lock you in to taking the next lyft call over uber. And so you'll take calls you otherwise wouldn't. It's not like prime-time or surge where you can cherry pick and that is exactly the point -- you decline a ride then they punish you and you get NADA. The higher your bonus starts to go, the more long pickup requests you'll get and more shared rides... that's what I'm betting. So IGNORE THE BONUS and go about your business. You'll be better off trying to be a smart driver than by being manipulated by lyft to take the crappy rides.

They'll try to come out and reassume drivers that they're being fair in distributing calls with or without the bonus but are you going to believe these fools?! And my god the noises...... I can't even turn on the app at the end of an uber call if I have passengers in the car.... way too much racket.

Last edited:

hulksmash

I just logged on and experienced this personal power shitshow for myself. If there was an option to just disable this crap right now I would. So the difference between these and uber is that the amount increases if you stay in the pink zone. Like 2 cents a second. Woo hoo. Starting out at like $2.50 or some stupid number. And then it seems like these are going to be individual so not everyone is going to get the same power zones. That's the "personal" part. AND THEY DISAPPEAR IF YOU REJECT REQUESTS!

Do they think $2 ticking up by pennies means anything to a black car driver? I'm used to $20+ tips. It is a complete and utter waste of time. Out at Coachella last night there were a few times they came up with like $10 or maybe $12 bonus offered but what a joke. Am I going to be anything other than pissed if I end up with a long ride at a tiny bonus bump? As I think others already suspect -- ATTACHING YOURSELF TO THIS BONUS MAKES YOU MORE EXPENSIVE THAN OTHER DRIVERS SO YOU WILL BE LAST TO GET THE CALL!! That just seems obvious.

Of course they know this. That's the same deal with the streak bonus -- they're trying to get you invested in the bonus so they lock you in to taking the next lyft call over uber. And so you'll take calls you otherwise wouldn't. It's not like prime-time or surge where you can cherry pick and that is exactly the point -- you decline a ride then they punish you and you get NADA. The higher your bonus starts to go, the more long pickup requests you'll get and more shared rides... that's what I'm betting. So IGNORE THE BONUS and go about your business. You'll be better off trying to be a smart driver than by being manipulated by lyft.

They'll try to come out and reassume drivers that they're being fair in distributing calls with or without the bonus but are you going to believe these fools?! And my god the noises...... I can't even turn on the app at the end of an uber call if I have passengers in the car.... way too much racket.
I’ve heard the PPZ multiplies 2-3x for higher platforms. For Black drivers you actually make out more since PT for Black cars doesn’t go higher than 5-10%, haven’t got anything more than 25% in a long time. And Black drivers don’t rely much on PT to begin with. Bottom line is it shouldn’t have much effect for Black drivers. For XL drivers it’s probably worse on longer rides, but can be equal to or better than regular PT on medium length rides thanks to multiplying bonuses.

The ones who really get screwed on the new system is regular Lyft drivers. My take is that they’re throwing you a bone on short rides so they can take more on the longer ones