• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Introducing Jumpyy - SUPPLEMENT your UBER income by helping other drivers with flat batteries and fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarrod-jumpyy

Past Sponsor
Hi everyone,

We are preparing to launch a new iOS app in Sydney that connects unlucky drivers with flat car batteries or tyres to quickly find other drivers in the local area that can jump start batteries or help change a flat tyre.

Please register your interest for Jumpyy at http://jumpyy.co/.

If anyone has any feedback or questions, please post it here or use the `Contact us’ form at the bottom of the website.

Thanks,
Jarrod

Last edited:

UberRA

$15 is ok for a jump but a flat tyre will need to be more. At least $20 for a sedan and $30 for SUV.

You don't use your own car to jump. Get a cheap jump pack.

Who is John Galt?

Hi everyone,

We are preparing to launch a new iOS app in Sydney that connects unlucky drivers with flat batteries or tyres to quickly find other drivers in the local area that can jump start batteries or help change a flat tyre.
How is this going to work?
If the 'unlucky driver' has a flat battery he can't use the 'phone app can he?
I don't think you've thought this through.

jarrod-jumpyy

Past Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
$15 is ok for a jump but a flat tyre will need to be more. At least $20 for a sedan and $30 for SUV.
Hi UberRA
Thanks for the feedback!

You don't use your own car to jump. Get a cheap jump pack.
Yes, we understand the risks of jump starting modern cars with another car.

Thanks again for the feedback.

How is this going to work?
If the 'unlucky driver' has a flat battery he can't use the 'phone app can he?
I don't think you've thought this through.
Hi John
My apologies, I should have been more specific as to which battery. I have edited the post to say a `flat car battery'.

Thanks,
Jarrod

jarrod-jumpyy

Past Sponsor
Jump starting a modern car can fry the electrics no?
Hi Dhaw
Yes, we understand the risks in jump starting a modern car with another car so it is recommended that a jump starter is used.

ST DYMPHNA son

you would have to have a lot of drivers for your venture to work as not many will bother to drive more then 5 minutes

jarrod-jumpyy

Past Sponsor
you would have to have a lot of drivers for your venture to work as not many will bother to drive more then 5 minutes
Hi
Thanks for the feedback.
If someone requests help, then it will be only shown to drivers within a 5km radius of their location. Depending on traffic, it may be more than a 5 minute drive.

We plan to focus on areas around the Parramatta region and will expand to other areas of Sydney when we hopefully grow.

That's what mates are for.... :biggrin:

Oi Bazz, come 'n give us a jump mate, me batteries fried :cool:
What if you don't have any mates?:biggrin::biggrin:

Jokes aside, what if you need a jump start in Parramatta and your mates are in Campbelltown? You could get help very quickly instead of waiting around for 40 minutes (Google maps) for your mate.

Thing

\
What if you don't have any mates?:biggrin::biggrin:

Jokes aside, what if you need a jump start in Parramatta and your mates are in Campbelltown? You could get help very quickly instead of waiting around for 40 minutes (Google maps) for your mate.
Nah, I was just joking. My car is still within dealer road service period & they will take take of this stuff if I need them.

Plus where I get it serviced they also provide national roadside coverage for 6 months after service..

Good luck but you have some competition out there, NRMA, Auto service dealers who pair up with these national road service businesses when you get a service...

Mazdaman

Idea sounds good in theory, agree a tyre change should be worth more.
A few questions though.
1. What if you turn up and person thinks its a flat battery, you attempt to jump start however it is some other problem eg: crook starter motor or wiring problem. Car does not start, customer unhappy, do I still get $15 for trying?
2. Turn up to change tyre, go to get out spare and it's flat or missing, cant do job, customer unhappy, do I still get some renumeration for my trouble.
3. What pay do we get ie: who pays GST.
4. What if something goes wrong to clients car from our attempt to start it, eg: fry their onboard computers, are we covered by some type of insurance, don't to have have a customer trying to sue me for their broken car.
I'm not trying to poo poo your idea but I would like to know the answers.

jarrod-jumpyy

Past Sponsor
Nah, I was just joking. My car is still within dealer road service period & they will take take of this stuff if I need them.

Plus where I get it serviced they also provide national roadside coverage for 6 months after service..

Good luck but you have some competition out there, NRMA, Auto service dealers who pair up with these national road service businesses when you get a service...
Thanks for the feedback.

Idea sounds good in theory, agree a tyre change should be worth more.
A few questions though.
1. What if you turn up and person thinks its a flat battery, you attempt to jump start however it is some other problem eg: crook starter motor or wiring problem. Car does not start, customer unhappy, do I still get $15 for trying?
2. Turn up to change tyre, go to get out spare and it's flat or missing, cant do job, customer unhappy, do I still get some renumeration for my trouble.
Hi Mazdaman
Thanks for the feedback.
You will get $10 for the trying to fix both issues.
3. What pay do we get ie: who pays GST.
It will cost $20 for a jump start, with $15 going to you and the other $5 goes to the payment processor and other expenses. If a tyre change costs $30, then $25 will go to you and the remaining will go to other expenses.
In regards to GST, I imagine it will be your responsibility to pay this since Uber drivers pay this.
4. What if something goes wrong to clients car from our attempt to start it, eg: fry their onboard computers, are we covered by some type of insurance, don't to have have a customer trying to sue me for their broken car.
Yes, this is not something we didn't think of. We may have to take the idea back to the drawing board in regards to this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I'm not trying to poo poo your idea but I would like to know the answers.
No, that is fine. We like all the feedback we can get. You pointed out some things we didn't think of (4).

Thanks again for the feedback.

Gorian2

Holy crap, $15 is horrible for a jump start, it's not even worth waking up for that.

For this to be anywhere near sustainable, you would have to constantly be finding people within 5 minutes of you that need a jump start, which is insanely unlikely.

I've got a jump starter in my boot, but if anyone wants my ass to come to you and help, it's minimum $50 if your close by, anything more than 15 minutes and there is a surcharge based on how much longer I need to be on the road.

jarrod-jumpyy

Past Sponsor
Holy crap, $15 is horrible for a jump start, it's not even worth waking up for that.

For this to be anywhere near sustainable, you would have to constantly be finding people within 5 minutes of you that need a jump start, which is insanely unlikely.

I've got a jump starter in my boot, but if anyone wants my ass to come to you and help, it's minimum $50 if your close by, anything more than 15 minutes and there is a surcharge based on how much longer I need to be on the road.
Hi Gorian2
Thanks for the feedback.
The app also offers to help change flat tyres as well, not just jump starts.

Dr. Pax

The app also offers to help change flat tyres as well, not just jump starts.
I can already picture this... :rolleyes:

A lady with high heels stuck on O'Riordan St at 8.30am
She's got no idea on how to change a tyre, so the "help" will become a "do the job alone".
Obviously, she did not understand what happened to her car, so she didn't "remove" her car from the traffic and blocks the left lane.
You are now struggling to change a tyre while fighting to stay alive with angry drivers honking at you like it's your fault.
Half way through, the lady, which you now call "b***h", asks you to hurry a little because she's got a plane to catch in 50min.

9am, you're done, all sweaty, your hands covered with all the dirt that tire has accumulated over 15,000kms...
But praise yourself, you're a hero and can now get home take a well deserved shower with a hefty $15. :wink:

Oh boy, I want to be on the other side of the street to record that scene. :biggrin:

Who is John Galt?

She's got no idea on how to change a tyre, so the "help" will become a "do the job alone".
Obviously, she did not understand what happened to her car, so she didn't "remove" her car from the traffic and blocks the left lane.
You are now struggling to change a tyre while fighting to stay alive with angry drivers honking at you like it's your fault.
Half way through, the lady, which you now call "b***h", asks you to hurry a little because she's got a plane to catch in 50min.

9am, you're done, all sweaty, your hands covered with all the dirt that tire has accumulated over 15,000kms...
But praise yourself, you're a hero and can now get home take a well deserved shower with a hefty $15. :wink:

Oh boy, I want to be on the other side of the street to record that scene. :biggrin:
Very nice :smiles:

How much to deliver a baby Dhaw?
I deliver Babes everyday, no extra charge.

5STARS@Sydney

I'm looking forward to this service commencing. I will happily pay someone $20 to come and change my flat tyre.

Status
Not open for further replies.