Introducing, from Springfield, IL, Uber/Lyft Driver: iDriveThere

iDriveThere

Good day to you all...I am in Springfield, IL (though the city listed on this forum is apparently Springfield, MO) and I am looking forward to reading and learning and conversing as much as possible. This is a much welcome addition to my new driving experience - I've been at it for just over 2 months now. So glad to have found it and look forward to 'meeting' all of you! Feel welcome to leave me one of your best newbie tips when you say hi! (Please?)

Cableguynoe

Good day to you all...I am in Springfield, IL (though the city listed on this forum is apparently Springfield, MO) and I am looking forward to reading and learning and conversing as much as possible. This is a much welcome addition to my new driving experience - I've been at it for just over 2 months now. So glad to have found it and look forward to 'meeting' all of you! Feel welcome to leave me one of your best newbie tips when you say hi! (Please?)

Welcome iDT

Good thing you found this site. Within 2 weeks, we'll get rid of any bad habits you may have, such as:

Providing water/mints/candy to pax
Chasing surge
Making stops/waiting for pax for longer then 5 minutes
Accepting pool requests
Accepting rides more than 10 minutes away
Smoking
Following any Chicago sports team

Please make yourself at home.

Spotscat

Welcome Aboard!

Best piece of advice I can offer -- If/when law enforcement pulls you over in a traffic stop one day, it's probably not a good idea to blast "F**k Tha' Police" by N.W.A. on your car stereo.

:smiles:

ratethis

Hello, and welcome, buy some pepper spray ( the gel kind) never take more people in your car then you have seat belts for. Tell them to call another uber and split up or call a larger vehicle, don't take children without a car seat. There, that's three be careful out there! :rolleyes:

iDriveThere

Welcome iDT

Good thing you found this site. Within 2 weeks, we'll get rid of any bad habits you may have, such as:

Providing water/mints/candy to pax
Chasing surge
Making stops/waiting for pax for longer then 5 minutes
Accepting pool requests
Accepting rides more than 10 minutes away
Smoking
Following any Chicago sports team

Please make yourself at home.
Welcome iDT

THANKS!!! You made me laugh...or were you serious??? No water/mints/candy?
I don't chase surge
I won't wait for 5 minutes or longer anymore (also, won't chase someone down if they put down the wrong address)
How do you recognize a pool request?
In our market, I have to accept all ride requests or I don't make anything :frown:
NO SMOKING by ANYONE
NEVER am a Chicago sports team fan, but do kinda know what's going on with the Cubs at least, but am a Cardinals fan through and through

Welcome Aboard!

Best piece of advice I can offer -- If/when law enforcement pulls you over in a traffic stop one day, it's probably not a good idea to blast "F**k Tha' Police" by N.W.A. on your car stereo.

:smiles:

Hahahaha!!!!

That's great! Thank you for that very valuable insight!

Hello, and welcome, buy some pepper spray ( the gel kind) never take more people in your car then you have seat belts for. Tell them to call another uber and split up or call a larger vehicle, don't take children without a car seat. There, that's three be careful out there! :rolleyes:

You know, I've wondered about the car seat thing, do people get offended by this? I keep feeling awful as I've always been so strongly against NOT using car seats, but figured it was definitely the parent's decision, but the other day I realized I was the one that would be held responsible if something happened and I would never forgive myself if an accident occurred and that child was injured seriously.

Good advice, thank you!