Intoxicated

Mpls55345

Customer said I was intoxicated. Have never drank alcohol or done drugs in my life. Account on hold. 1890 runs with no issues. I hate peoples sometimes. How long willl this last?

I've been hearing of more of these false DUI accusations happening lately. Agree with Asq: need to have a dashcam to protect yourself. I have the Vantrue N2 Pro Dual dash cam (I've never had a pax complain about being recorded) and also record the cabin audio on my phone for long term storage. I have the audio of every day I've driven over the past year. Minnesota is a single consent state (so are MO & KS where I currently drive).

Asq

I've been hearing of more of these false DUI accusations happening lately. Agree with Asq: need to have a dashcam to protect yourself. I have the Vantrue N2 Pro Dual dash cam (I've never had a pax complain about being recorded) and also record the cabin audio on my phone for long term storage. I have the audio of every day I've driven over the past year. Minnesota is a single consent state (so are MO & KS where I currently drive).
You store all the data? Where?

I have a 4TB NAS (network attached storage), but the audio files aren't large. I have a few videos of potential complainers (and one very creepy guy) I've saved.

Mpls55345

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I drove in KC in the days of $2.40 a mike and 25% commission.

I drove in KC in the days of $2.40 a mike and 25% commission.
Definitely not what it was even a year ago in KC. Just have to drive smart and I'm able to meet my goal. We're moving to MSP later this year which is why I've been watching this forum. I'll be up there next week to check out apartments. Hope you're able to get rolling again soon.

How would a dash cam help? Did they accuse you in the car? Unless you had a breathalyzer in the car and you could show the pax you weren’t..
but we live in ‘keep Minnesota passive aggressive’ hardly anyone would say something to your face even if they honestly did think you were under the influence.
Assuming this is a scam, even if you had a dash cam it would be hard to prove and certainly wouldn’t get resolved before those 2 days of probation.
Am I wrong?

Asq

How would a dash cam help? Did they accuse you in the car? Unless you had a breathalyzer in the car and you could show the pax you weren’t..
but we live in ‘keep Minnesota passive aggressive’ hardly anyone would say something to your face even if they honestly did think you were under the influence.
Assuming this is a scam, even if you had a dash cam it would be hard to prove and certainly wouldn’t get resolved before those 2 days of probation.
Am I wrong?
You can just show them a video of you not being drunk.

WoodburyDriver

People won't do bad or evil stuff one they know they can't scam you or Uber since they are being recorded. It is highly recommended you get dual cam that records inside and out.

I post this on seat tops.
IMG_20190415_063746.jpg

dctcmn

You store all the data? Where?
Google photos has free, unlimited video storage. My method is to transfer the dash cam footage to a hard drive then from the hard drive to Google Photos. Once the video is uploaded to Google Photos, I delete the video from the hard drive to save space.

I have a special "Do not delete" folder on the hard drive where I keep critical videos that I feel I might need later, just so I don't have to comb through thousands of videos on Google Photos.

Uberbuddy123

Can anybody verify if Uber has ever requested a video before making a decision on these type of issues. I have a feeling Uber does not care about any evidence what so ever/

You can just show them a video of you not being drunk.
I come from a long line of fully functional drunks. I'm all for dash cams; I just don't see how this will serve as proof in this specific case.
Post automatically merged:

Can anybody verify if Uber has ever requested a video before making a decision on these type of issues. I have a feeling Uber does not care about any evidence what so ever/
I reported a passenger for sexist comments.
I talked to 2 male reps who said there was nothing they could do and they just wouldn't match me with that pax again and video of the incident wouldn't change their mind.
I called back 5x and hung up until I got a women rep who right away agreed it was against terms of service and deactivated the account.

I guess it depends on who you get?

Last edited:

Scorpion12

Last year I reported passenger was trying to steal stuff from my console box, uber didn't do anything, max they wont paired in future.

Uberbuddy123

I come from a long line of fully functional drunks. I'm all for dash cams; I just don't see how this will serve as proof in this specific case.
Post automatically merged:

I reported a passenger for sexist comments.
I talked to 2 male reps who said there was nothing they could do and they just wouldn't match me with that pax again and video of the incident wouldn't change their mind.
I called back 5x and hung up until I got a women rep who right away agreed it was against terms of service and deactivated the account.

I guess it depends on who you get?
But Uber did not ask for video- did they?

Mpls55345

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber does not car. Want to mess with a driver after you ride with them? just call and accuse them of this. Takes away their income for 26 hours.

HoratioCaine

Wow! I have been hearing a lot about these in other States. Never thought it could happen to someone so close to "home".
I think they re activate after 2 days.
BUT i have heard of an incident where it "seems" the deactivation was permanent.
What someone adviced was if any passenger accuses you of being drunk especially to your face- immediately flag down a cop and demand to be have a sobriety test (I think thats what its called) or after the ride or the notification.
Then if you are ever accused formally, sue both the pax and Uber. Im told that in discovery, Uber has to reveal identity of the pax and you dont even need to know the identity before filing suit.

While the process can be long (usually its quickly resolved when Uber is made aware of the test); you are eventually vindicated and paid including ( loss of wages).

SurgeMasterMN

Wow! I have been hearing a lot about these in other States. Never thought it could happen to someone so close to "home".
I think they re activate after 2 days.
BUT i have heard of an incident where it "seems" the deactivation was permanent.
What someone adviced was if any passenger accuses you of being drunk especially to your face- immediately flag down a cop and demand to be have a sobriety test (I think thats what its called) or after the ride or the notification.
Then if you are ever accused formally, sue both the pax and Uber. Im told that in discovery, Uber has to reveal identity of the pax and you dont even need to know the identity before filing suit.

While the process can be long (usually its quickly resolved when Uber is made aware of the test); you are eventually vindicated and paid including ( loss of wages).
Great Advice ?