Inshur

Interesting uncommon FACT, pass it on.

T7000

Did you know that although Taxi fares are set by TFL, there's nothing to stop Taxi drivers from charging less than what's shown on the meter.

World's finest

No form of monetary transaction ever takes place between rider and driver.
So what do you mean ?
You have come with some bizarre shout that there is nothing stopping me from charging my customer less than meter fare. And I am saying there is nothing stopping you to charge your customer less either, if you feel that way. That's all

T7000

You have come with some bizarre shout that there is nothing stopping me from charging my customer less than meter fare. And I am saying there is nothing stopping you to charge your customer less either, if you feel that way. That's all
I already made it clear in comment #6
1. Riders are not our customers
2. Therefore we cannot charge them
I don't think you know how Uber works.

World's finest

I already made it clear in comment #6
1. Riders are not our customers
2. Therefore we cannot charge them
I don't think you know how Uber works.
Excuses, excuses, excuses :smiles:
You know how much you getting pay for each trip. So just take your wallet from your pocket and give 10% CASHback to your rider-partner or how do you call your passangers at uber.

Lowestformofwit

Did you know that although Taxi fares are set by TFL, there's nothing to stop Taxi drivers from charging less than what's shown on the meter.
Great idea!!
Don’t know why BC’s don’t all do it.
That way, when they get a large, or unscheduled repair bill, they could start a GoFundMe whip-around amongst all the passengers they’ve given a discount to.
Let me know if you think that’ll work out well.

London's Finest

The perfect post that just shows how ignorant and ill-informed you are. Do you really think that cab drivers don't do deals? Hahaha. What a thicko. It happens on a regular basis especially on distance journeys Sherlock. It never happens on Uber because you're paid peanuts and spend all your working life chasing the rip-off surge. Do you ever reject surge in favour of a standard price? No, I thought not. FYI did a job to Letchworth last week, £110 cash for 50 minute's work, it went £144 on the meter, he was happy as the hotel wanted £120 for the night, I was happy. It happens all the time son, it's just you know very little about our trade but try and make out you do.
Time for you to jog on and maybe do a bit more research before posting anymore "interesting, uncommon" facts. lol.

Last edited:

D1991

It's quite common for taxi drivers to charge less I dropped off my father in law to a hotel and their was a foreign couple waiting for a minicab to take them to Paddington the minicabs was late so they hailed a taxi , the driver asked where are u going they replied Paddington he said have you prebooked your train tickets they said no he said 2 adults is about 50£ to lhr from Paddington plus this taxi journey about 8 £ he said I will let you save 8£ will take u there for 50£ they agreed. I should mention he did ask them wich terminal lol.

Martine

Great topic to debunk common myths uttered by taxi drivers on public media.

The fares are not set by TFL
The maximum amount that the passenger can be charged is. For that reason the meters exist. To specify that amount based on distance and time.
In other words the metered fare is there as a public protection and not to define the price of the journey.

London's Finest

It's quite common for taxi drivers to charge less I dropped off my father in law to a hotel and their was a foreign couple waiting for a minicab to take them to Paddington the minicabs was late so they hailed a taxi , the driver asked where are u going they replied Paddington he said have you prebooked your train tickets they said no he said 2 adults is about 50£ to lhr from Paddington plus this taxi journey about 8 £ he said I will let you save 8£ will take u there for 50£ they agreed. I should mention he did ask them wich terminal lol.
Really mate, it happens all the time. Some choose not to believe it, trust me it happens. Most cab drivers worth their salt know roughly what a job will go on the meter, there's plenty out there who will not risk losing a job over a few quid.

T7000

Excuses, excuses, excuses :smiles:
You know how much you getting pay for each trip. So just take your wallet from your pocket and give 10% CASHback to your rider-partner or how do you call your passangers at uber.
Our riders already get the very best fare of all the private transport services out there.
The public complain about Taxi fares, not Uber fares.

Hence #SaveTaxi :biggrin:

London's Finest

Our riders already get the very best fare of all the private transport services out there.
The public complain about Taxi fares, not Uber fares.
How could they ever complain about the cheapest form of transport in London?
Taking into account shoe leather, you're nearly as cheap as walking.
The public also complain about surge but obviously you would choose not to mention that.