Interesting Saturday Night

Cathi

I was consistently busy from 7PM on which was great. A couple rides out to Manayunk but also got rides back into CC. The last Manayunk pickup was at 1:00AM. She said we were going to Edison NJ if I was willing to make the drive. I was up for it so off we went. She didn't seem terribly sure of the address but I made her give it to me so I could plug it in and verified it with her twice.

Off we went up the turnpike. We get to the address and she goes up to the door. Since it's so late I waited for her to get in. She doesn't. Turns out that wasn't the right address. Now her phone is dead so she can't call to verify the address. We go to a 24-hour Walgreen's so she can get a charger (she had an iPhone 4 and I only carry a lightening and a micro USB charger). Tried to charge the phone but nothing. Phone looks like it's trying to charge but then dies again.

We try two more possible addresses that don't pan out. I was exhausted by this time but I wasn't about to leave her alone up there with no communication. Finally at nearly 5 AM were heading back to her house. Dropped her at 6 AM and got a minimal tip on the >$200 fare.

Lessons learned:

1) Make sure pax has a fully charged phone or at least one that's compatible with my equipment.

2) For me personally, always carry a hard copy of important phone numbers in case my phone dies and I need to contact someone!

Hal Green

$200 for 5 hours of driving..

Take it and run :smiles:

What the about the high tolls on the nj turnpike & gas for the approx 150 miles round trip .

Where was the drop off at 6 am ?

How long did it take to get home after she dropped off at 6 am ??

Cathi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What the about the high tolls on the nj turnpike & gas for the approx 150 miles round trip .

Where was the drop off at 6 am ?

How long did it take to get home after she dropped off at 6 am ??
Drop off was back in Manayunk and I'm only 10 minutes away. Tolls were included in the fare.

PhilaX

Just cause I am from that area ..I will advise.

$4.00 on the turnpike if you drop in at exit 4 heading north, and exit off turnpike at ramp 10, which I am sure she did. Another .60 cents or so if she went to exit 11.

4$ or so for the return and then $5.00 for the philly bridge. All together roughly $13.00

Or...

The alternative,

95 north to route 1 all the way to Edison. No tolls, same time.

MiddleClassedOut

PA turnpike you get a discount if you registered your EZPass with PA.

No idea how Jersey works. The bridge tolls are Jersey tolls so no discount on those.