Interesting comment from an RNC worker...

axlrush

The pax I had is working for the RNC (since January) and then leaving after it is done.

She said that "The RNC has a special deal with Uber". And before I could dig deeper, she was on a call, and then I dropped her off.

That really could mean anything, but it probably never sounds good for the drivers, I would assume.

Who knows!

Kalee

That likely means that the RNC will promote using Uber to the thousands of guests coming to town in exchange for a guarantee from Uber that there will be little to no surges or a very low cap on surges.

Whatever it is you can bet it is a bad deal for anyone stupid enough to drive during that mess.

The end

Uber8er

Interesting comment that's not even a comment, brilliant. For it to be a comment there has to be a comment.

I drive in Cincy and they are trying to get me to come up to that mess. It would have to be surging all the time to make it worth my time.
The only way it would be worth it is if you had free housing with a friend or family member, because between the gas to get to Cleveland plus lodging, there's no way you would make that up. I have family there and can combine driving at the RNC with a summer visit I want to do anyway, so it's worth it for me to give it a try. If it's crap, I can just turn my app off and go home :-)

Raisins

I think the 15th they are running a deal from a text I got from them: "UBER: We are running a fun on-demand event in Cleveland on 7/15 and are looking for partners to help! Partners will be compensated. Sign-up here"

axlrush

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Interesting comment that's not even a comment, brilliant. For it to be a comment there has to be a comment.
You really need to work on your snark because it's really lame.

Thanks for your contribution.

Kalee

I think the 15th they are running a deal from a text I got from them: "UBER: We are running a fun on-demand event in Cleveland on 7/15 and are looking for partners to help! Partners will be compensated. Sign-up here"
Ahh, yes. It's that time of the year again.
Uber Ice Cream.

axlrush

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's right Kalee I think you got it it. Before rider could say ice cream for all the delegates she got a phone call.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nothing more pathetic than attempting to troll forums and derail conversations that normal people are trying to have.

That's one sweet life you live, pal.

Tim In Cleveland

The pax I had is working for the RNC (since January) and then leaving after it is done.

She said that "The RNC has a special deal with Uber". And before I could dig deeper, she was on a call, and then I dropped her off.

That really could mean anything, but it probably never sounds good for the drivers, I would assume.

Who knows!
There is no deal with Uber. From Politico.com:
While Uber will serve as an official transportation partner for the Democratic convention in Philadelphia, offering an exclusive service that shuttles delegates and other top party officials around town, that perk won't be available to the GOP because the two sides failed to reach a deal, the company told POLITICO.

“We’re continuing to work with the RNC staff very closely, as we have for the past six months, but we were never able to come to an agreement on an official partnership,” an Uber spokeswoman said.

No doubt the RNC expected the drivers to work for free for the privilege of getting to drive drunk Republicans around.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/gop-convention-uber-225261#ixzz4Dx7srTYi
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook