Interesting Article

Another Uber Driver

Funny, I open my passenger application, it offers me UberX, UberXL, Uber Black, Uber SUV, Uber Taxi and Uber Pool Pass. If I choose UberX, it will show me both UberX and Uber Pool, but if I touch the right hand side, it gives me UberX.

Customers here are complaining of waits for U-Pool. I tell them that it is because the drivers hate it and no one will accept it.

I had a user once put in a Lyft Line request that I declined. Less than one minute later, the ping comes in for regular Lyft. It is the same guy. I get there, he gets in and says that he saw that my car was the only one in the area and why did I not accept the Lyft Line request. I told him that the drivers hate both because we do all of the work while the TNC gets all of the money. He started to give me a boatload of nonsense so I had to offer him a choice:

1. He could shut up and I would drive him.

2. I could end the trip and he could get out.

Then I told him that if he said anything but Number One or Number Two, I would choose Number Two for him.

nutzareus

Remember the 4.6-rated Stool pax that I collected $5 no-show earlier this week? She pinged me again on Friday with Stool. This time, I let it go. 5 minutes later it was her again with X. I thought about it, but I picked her up. She was toes on the curb in her driveway this time and asked why no one accepted her Stool request. I politely told her why, it's lose-lose for the driver. She originally wanted to go to Shady Grove Metro and catch the train but due to her desire to be cheap she missed the train. I said no destination change in Stool, but since she selected X I was able to change destination to NIH. She got to work on time at 7am.

UberMetalPunk

Remember the 4.6-rated Stool pax that I collected $5 no-show earlier this week? She pinged me again on Friday with Stool. This time, I let it go. 5 minutes later it was her again with X. I thought about it, but I picked her up. She was toes on the curb in her driveway this time and asked why no one accepted her Stool request. I politely told her why, it's lose-lose for the driver. She originally wanted to go to Shady Grove Metro and catch the train but due to her desire to be cheap she missed the train. I said no destination change in Stool, but since she selected X I was able to change destination to NIH. She got to work on time at 7am.
And this is what pool/stool clients need to understand. Pick pool and EXPECIALLY if another person is added along the way to their destination, they may be late. They will probably also be late because of the lack of drivers that want to pretty much give them a "free" ride. Lose/lose...both to the pax and driver in my opinion.