• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Interested to Join Uber Cebu--Help!

GeekInHeels

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and primarily signed up here just to get local inputs (Manila as closest to Cebu). I saw an advert that Uber is expanding in my city so I was curious about the business.

I have a 1 year old car (got it as brand new) on a 5 year amortization, a Vios J M/T which is not used as often. My current mileage is only at 11k + with my weekly gasoline of 500 pesos per week (at times I can even do 300 pesos). Reason I am interested to join Uber is that I want my car to be self liquidating as it has become a liability for me paying off my monthly amortization without it being fully utilized or me not earning anything from it.

Now I have bunch of questions for seasoned Uber Partner Drivers/Operators, so please bear with me for a bit.

1. How much can I actually earn per month (22 days at 12 hours per day)?
2. Can anyone give me a sample computation of cost versus net profit?
3. How good or bad is the Uber service for partner drivers/operators?
4. Any undisclosed negative things/situations that I should be aware of before signing up?
5. I work from home and my income is I should say "sufficient", but I just don't like the fact that my car is sitting in my garage so I plan to hire a driver here. With that in mind, will that type of driver-operator set-up be profitable?
6. I'm not sure if these are sufficient questions, however, feel free to share your experiences and thoughts about it.

Thanks for reading, hope to get answers from you guys.

Last edited:

Hogster

Hi to all in Cebu, Visayas

I know your fares there are a lot lower than London, UK so I cannot comment on questions 1 & 2

But for 3 & 4 please go to the Cities listing on this forum and choose London or Los Angeles and read a lot of the posts about how the partners/operators feel about the way they are treated after Uber has been in existence in their cities for 3 years

Uber Manila and Cebu is still in the "honeymoon period" and wait and watch them drop mileage or kilometer prices and increase commissions like they have done in nearly every other city.

After having lived for some years in Philippines I know it is hard to make money from start-up businesses there, but believe me Uber WILL make it a lot harder for drivers/operators as time goes on

Good luck is the best I can offer you, and you will need it

Sige bye and salamat

Hi GeekInHeels,

First of all, I suggest you to sign up NOW as Partner, if you are not done yet. There is a link at cebuuberdriver*blogspot*com for you to use to earn P2000 sign up reward. Choose Cebu City Central Visayas for the city.

Since you already have a car, then there's nothing to lose. Uber is not/never suggesting that you buy a brand-new car for this business.

The advantage of signing up is that you'll receive notifications on Uber's Information Seminars. By attending Uber's Information Seminar,you'll meet people with previous experience being an Uber Partner. Of course, you can ask your questions to the facilitator. It's up to you to filter the information provided by the facilitator.

Lastly, joining Uber will cost you nothing as they are initially shouldering the application cost. This will be deducted on your first payout. The cost is around P2000.

Last edited:

Hogster

Hi GeekInHeels,

First of all, I suggest you to sign up NOW as Partner, if you are not done yet. Here is a link you can use: ubr.to/1WHI8JY. Choose Cebu City Central Visayas for the city.

Since you already have a car, then there's nothing to lose. Uber is not/never suggesting that you buy a brand-new car for this business.

The advantage of signing up is that you'll receive notifications on Uber's Information Seminars. By attending Uber's Information Seminar,you'll meet people with previous experience being an Uber Partner. Of course, you can ask your questions to the facilitator. It's up to you to filter the information provided by the facilitator.

Lastly, joining Uber will cost you nothing as they are initially shouldering the application cost. This will be deducted on your first payout. The cost is around P2000.
How much do Uber pay for introducing new drivers in Cebu via referral codes?

We get £100 to £150 GBP (7,000 to 10,000 pesos) for driver referrals

No application cost here either, strange the way uber differ from city to city. I think they shouldn't charge an application fee anywhere

The driver referral incentive is not yet officially announced, but we expect it to be the same as Manila, as the cost of living is the same, which is around 2000 pesos.

Let me clarify the application cost. The amount collected by Uber is to cover representation cost only, such as attorney's fee, who represent Partner-Driver to the government regulating agencies. Yes, Uber is legally operating in the Philippines. Note that there are fees being collected by this regulating body. So to summarize, Uber as a business is not collecting anything, only their hired lawyers and the government.

Last edited:

Hogster

The driver referral incentive is not yet officially announced, but we expect it to be the same as Manila, as the cost of living is the same, which is around 2000 pesos.

Let me clarify the application cost. The amount collected by Uber is to cover representation cost only, such as attorney's fee, who represent Partner-Driver to the government regulating agencies. Yes, Uber is legally operating in the Philippines. Note that there are fees being collected by this regulating body. So to summarize, Uber as a business is not collecting anything, only their hired lawyers and the government.

collected by
Ok thanks for the clarification on my questions

Hope you guys and girls do better than we are doing in London. Uber are raising commission for new drivers to 25% as from now and I expect existing drivers will also be paying 25% shortly

Raising Uber's cut is alarming. There is not much that can be done to prevent it, except through a regulation by the government. Partners should be united and have one voice in bringing this to the proper body.

Hogster

Only thing that can be done is for thousands of drivers to give Uber the Middle Finger and leave for a better paid job elsewhere

Trouble is that a vast percentage will not unite and stand up for their rights

roygee

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and primarily signed up here just to get local inputs (Manila as closest to Cebu). I saw an advert that Uber is expanding in my city so I was curious about the business.

I have a 1 year old car (got it as brand new) on a 5 year amortization, a Vios J M/T which is not used as often. My current mileage is only at 11k + with my weekly gasoline of 500 pesos per week (at times I can even do 300 pesos). Reason I am interested to join Uber is that I want my car to be self liquidating as it has become a liability for me paying off my monthly amortization without it being fully utilized or me not earning anything from it.

Now I have bunch of questions for seasoned Uber Partner Drivers/Operators, so please bear with me for a bit.

1. How much can I actually earn per month (22 days at 12 hours per day)?
2. Can anyone give me a sample computation of cost versus net profit?
3. How good or bad is the Uber service for partner drivers/operators?
4. Any undisclosed negative things/situations that I should be aware of before signing up?
5. I work from home and my income is I should say "sufficient", but I just don't like the fact that my car is sitting in my garage so I plan to hire a driver here. With that in mind, will that type of driver-operator set-up be profitable?
6. I'm not sure if these are sufficient questions, however, feel free to share your experiences and thoughts about it.

Thanks for reading, hope to get answers from you guys.
INFORMATION SEMINARS RESUME TOMORROW

UBER Cebu will resume information seminars tomorrow, January 28! If you have any questions or concerns about the sign up process, required documents, or about being an Uber Partner in general, please feel free to drop by and bring your friends. Details of the info seminars are as follows:

Where: 6/F 2Quad Building, Cardinal Rosales Avenue, Cebu Business Park

When: January 28 - 29 (Thursday and Friday), 4-6PM

and January 30 (Saturday) at 10:30AM

**Note: Due to venue constraints, only the first 40 attendees per session will be entertained on a first-come, first-served basis. Please come ON-TIME.**