• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Intense video shows intoxicated passenger trying to grab steering wheel from Uber driver in Californ

Cynergie

https://www.circa.com/video/2019/01/24/nation/passenger-tries-to-grab-steering-wheel-from-uber-driver-on-sacramento-highway

Terrifying video shows the moment an intoxicated Uber passenger reached over and grabbed the car’s steering wheel with both hands, telling the driver “we’re going to crash” while speeding down a Sacramento highway.

Driver Dax Castro said he “almost died” Saturday after picking up a customer who made several attempts to grab the wheel.

Intense dashcam footage shows Castro driving when suddenly his customer reaches for the wheel from the passenger seat. Castro is seen using his right arm to pry the customer away, while trying to control the vehicle with his left arm.

UberBastid

Isn't that "assault with intent to commit murder"?

I'd of locked all four up, got it stopped, then BEAT THE PISS outta him.

part-timer

Isn't that "assault with intent to commit murder"?

I'd of locked all four up, got it stopped, then BEAT THE PISS outta him.
THIS!!!! When he woke up in the back of a cop car, he would have a lot of questions. What happened? How did I get here? Why am I wearing my ass as a hat?

UberBastid

Yup. And my knuckles would be all bruised and skinned up.
He wouldn't wake up for days.

Seriously, once I figure out that someone is trying to KILL ME, I get more than a little bit rabid. He'd be lucky if there were people around to pull me off.