Insurance

tpayne1974

What are you all doing for auto insurance in AL. Geico just sent me a letter that they will be cancelling my policy on the 27th since I use my vehicle for ride sharing. After doing a little bit of research, I can't find a company that will cover my vehicle used for ride sharing. I also found out that if you get in an accident while your Uber app is on, your insurance will deny the claim and from what I understand ( I could be wrong here) that Uber's insurance does not kick in until the rider is actually in your vehicle,which leaves a huge gap in coverage. I am a bit nervous on this front, as should you be. Anybody driving here in Mobile find a solution? Or are most drivers here lying to their insurance about being an Uber partner, or just unaware of their coverage?

tpayne1974

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had purchased a new vehicle and went to update my insurance. When doing so, it asked on the front page if the vehicle would be used for ride sharing like Uber or Lyft. I checked yes. A few days later they sent me a cancellation notice dated for the 27th. That's when I started doing some research.

HarlemsFinest

Look at esurance online and never tell them you drive for Uber. Print out your Uber insurance card for in case you get into an accident.

tpayne1974

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look at esurance online and never tell them you drive for Uber. Print out your Uber insurance card for in case you get into an accident.
Esurance website asks right on there if that vehicle is used for driving with Uber or Lyft. If you say no, it is the same as committing fraud. And the Uber insurance policy only covers your passengers or the other vehicle. Not yours!

HarlemsFinest

By telling the insurance company that you do rid sharing, you will be flagged an no one will cover you. Now you have to buy commercial insurance.

PART 1

I have done expensive research in this matter.
it is correct, that's if your insurance company find out that you're doing ridesharing, you will get a letter informing you want what day your insurance will and with that company.

with that in mind, if you get canceled from an insurance company, even if you go to another insurance company, and tell them that you do not do uber anymore, your rates will be jacked up very high.

PART 2

I have checked with Geico, and have spoken with a high up representative in the commercial area in Car I have checked with Geico, and have spoken with a high up representative in the commercial area in geico.

they and many of the better insurance company is do not offer a side policy for ridesharing. if you do get the commercial insurance through Geico or another company, and you get into an accident, that isn't your fault, and this is the important part, according to Uber policy, their insurance will not check in at all, because it's states that if you have a commercial policy that will be the primary policy.

The rate that Geico quoted me for good insurance 100/300/100.
10,000 medical, no towing (i have aaa) and no rental,
what is approximately $3000.
if i were to lower it to 50/100/50, The rain would be approximately $2600.

I questioned Uber itself numerous numerous times, and direct questions, why the commercial Insurance supersedes there insurance, why after asking them at least six times, what a shocker.

also, something interesting to remember that is if you are to get commercial insurance policy, in your Uber see you, you are paying for their insurance policy that you can't use

so bottom line, if you do not get a commercial policy, just remember you are running the risk if your insurance company find out, and you will be dropped and your insurance company will not cover the accident, because your insurance policy is not rated for commercial.

no no no no, I do not work for an insurance company, I have done expensive research as I said, and am sharing it.

I hope this answers questions that some of you maybe having, feel free to ask me further questions about insurance if you want to

PowerNapper

I have USAA insurance. I know Farmers and GEICO both offer rideshare insurance in Alabama. I do not know about any other states.