Insurance

Alexsakolish

Hey everyone! My name is Alex. And I work at an Allstate insurance agency in the capital district. The past few days, I've been flooded with calls from Uber & Lyft drivers that were non-renewed with Geico, along with drivers that were unaware of the gap in coverage when they're waiting to find a rider to pickup and while you're on your way to pickup a rider.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this; Give me a call at (518) 351-7832 or call my cell (518) 610-3821.

Thank

Hawaiianguy3

I was dropped from Geico. I got in touch with every insurance company back in May and there wasn't a single one that offered gap or any type of ride-sharing insurance in NYS. Has this changed?

Hawaiianguy3

So, first of all, every single time I called Geico about anything that asked if I drive for a rideshare. At the times I called I wasn't so I always said no. Then my car was hot by a truck & totaled (not while I was working.) My wife called in the claim in & said yes, the car is used for ride-sharing. I had no idea that was even their policy until after that.