Insurance

Lauderroy

Looking for recommendations for rideshare insurance in Florida. Geico quoted me a $6230.00 commercial policy/year? Seems quite high for part time driving.

AnotherUberGuy

Call the insurance that you have now and ask them if they have rideshare add-on coverage. Allstate added a rider to my policy for <$10/mo.

kcdrvr15

Looking for recommendations for rideshare insurance in Florida. Geico quoted me a $6230.00 commercial policy/year? Seems quite high for part time driving.
Ck with Progressive Commercial, I pay $1300 year for commercial livery insurance, full coverage, even roadside assistance. But it has $1000 deductible. Don't let them sell you standard taxi/limo commercial insurance, ask if the state has min set up for 8 pax or less.

AuxCordBoston

In Massachusetts Geico has a hybrid commercial policy. It’s the same rate as regular car insurance. It covers Uber, Amazon, Grubhub and Doordash. Anything commercial. Don’t know about Florida.

oldfart

Ck with Progressive Commercial, I pay $1300 year for commercial livery insurance, full coverage, even roadside assistance. But it has $1000 deductible. Don't let them sell you standard taxi/limo commercial insurance, ask if the state has min set up for 8 pax or less.
I have progressive commercial too, liability only.....$5400

NotanEmployee

Each state has its own policies. In Hawaii, geico said no. It Sucks because I had to change to allstate, the ONLY insurance Co in the state to offer it. The rideshare is only $12 but the base personal policy for my 1 uber car is twice the price for my exact policy at geico covering BOTH cars full coverage. It's the price I pay to be covered.

reg barclay

Sounds like that quote is for full commercial insurance, presumably for a taxi etc. Rideshare insurance is a different thing, and is added on to your regular policy (usually by the same insurer AFAIK) and shouldn't cost anywhere near that much.