Insurance update (or not!)

BradSussmanInsurance

Past Sponsor
I promised I'd keep you all posted on changes regarding rideshare and the insurance industry, but there really hasn't been much movement. (Plus, you folks have kept me pretty busy - and busy is good!) :biggrin:

While some of the big companies are softening their stance on rideshare drivers, there are still only a handful of companies that actively welcome rideshare drivers. Most of the rideshare-friendly companies will cover you during phase one - The Gap - and then default to Uber & Lyft's coverage in phase two & three. That means you're on the hook for the collision and comprehensive deductibles ($1000 for Uber, $2500 for Lyft) - but that's only if you carry collision and comp on your personal insurance.

Erie (a company I represent) is the only one that will cover you above and beyond Uber & Lyft's phase two and three coverage: Providing everything from a rental car, medical payments and covering the difference between Uber/Lyft's deductible and your personal insurance deductible. The other companies won't do that.

I'm an entrepreneur, just like you. My goal is to make sure you have the right coverage with a premium that will help keep you profitable. I'd be happy to review your current insurance, answer any questions or provide a free, no-obligation quote. Toll free number: (Erie sponsorship ended) or [email protected]