• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Insurance Tip needed

so I was clueless that your primary insurance could drop you if you do not carry commercial insurance for ride share , Geico send me a notice that my policy was being cancelled effective 3/16/19 due to the fact when I was in an accident last year i put on the report that I was a ride share driver when someone had re ended me on my time not while doing any type of ride share . I was leaving my day job when that happened anyway they said after review of this a year later I was to be cancelled unless I purchase commercial insurance from another insurance company because Geico no longer offers that coverage in the state of texas .

Who do you suggest has affordable commercial coverage , sucks because I’m not a full time driver I rarely drive no more than 10 hours a week at most

Phil

MHR

State Farm and USAA are the only 2 that I personally know of.

I thought Geico did as well but since you’ve been dropped by them that’s probably not an option.

JustTreatMeFair

State Farm and USAA are the only 2 that I personally know of.

I thought Geico did as well but since you’ve been dropped by them that’s probably not an option.
Geico does not offer their RideShare product in all markets. Austin is currently a market they choose to not insure in and will also drop you if they know you drive ride share here.

Reactions: MHR
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Insurance 1
S New York City 5
U San Francisco 11