Insurance Question

BlackCar535

Hi,

Im all setup with Uber but still skeptical to drive because of two reasons.

1. Safety: How safe is it? I know we dont carry any cash and customers have to signup with a credit card but how safe does that make it. I used to drive in NY in the 90's and made great money. But the accounts we had were Wall Street accounts which paid us with vouchers and safety really wasnt an issue.
  2. Insurance: Is there anyway my insurance company can find out that I am driving besides having an accident or getting carjacked like that guy in NMB? Im sure that if they did, they would cancel me right away.
Thanks.

tohunt4me

Hi,

Im all setup with Uber but still skeptical to drive because of two reasons.

1. Safety: How safe is it? I know we dont carry any cash and customers have to signup with a credit card but how safe does that make it. I used to drive in NY in the 90's and made great money. But the accounts we had were Wall Street accounts which paid us with vouchers and safety really wasnt an issue.
  2. Insurance: Is there anyway my insurance company can find out that I am driving besides having an accident or getting carjacked like that guy in NMB? Im sure that if they did, they would cancel me right away.
Thanks.
1.). Only 4 car jackings last night

2.)Geiko seems to find out sometimes.

BlackCar535

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Number 2 is very real. All Uber drivers outside of NYC are committing insurance fraud.
When I drove up in NYC. I had to pay the TLC and my insurance for just liability which did not include full coverage was 3500 a year.

miamiu

We have no insurance. And there's no ride sharing insurance in Florida.

If you have any assets, such as a home or degree from any University, expect to lose all. For .85 cent a mile. Well your net is .17 cent. Or around $6 a hour on X, $9.00 on Xl , $12 on Lux ( with $60g +; Investment )

Accident even on app ( customer in the vehicle ) expect lawsuits ...and a termination letter from your insurance company. They won't even cover yourself, and Obamacare expects your car insurance to cover you. Ask any medical administrative person about this.

Accident, your also out of a vehicle, and Job.

You take all the risk to provide Uber with tremendous profit.

miamiu

It's considered an asset in bankruptcy
it's not that you would lose it you'll just have to pay off the value of it in bankruptcy the creditors will get paid

Uberdrivingsux

We have no insurance. And there's no ride sharing insurance in Florida.

If you have any assets, such as a home or degree from any University, expect to loose all. For .85 cent a mile. Well your net is .17 cent. Or around $6 a hour on X, $9.00 on Xl , $12 on Lux ( with $60g +; Investment )

Accident even on app ( customer in the vehicle ) expect lawsuits ...and a termination letter from your insurance company. They won't even cover yourself, and Obamacare expects your car insurance to cover you. Ask any medical administrative person about this.

Accident, your also out of a vehicle, and Job.

You take all the risk to provide Uber with tremendous profit.
My understating is that Ewwbers James River insurance provides coverage while you have a passenger .

miamiu

Let me clarify.

Once the customer is in the vehicle, there is coverage. Passenger and the car you hit or got hit.

The first line of insurance is your pip that of course gets cancelled. Customer, you, car you hit etc... Then after a denied claim and a cancelled policy ( your own policy ) then James River is activated.

Your not covered or your vehicle. There is no collision either. Unless you can lie and say it was personal use, although that's fraud and the inspectors are getting smarter.

In the State of Florida, James River is not considered a insurance company. So the lawsuits still apply to the owner of a personal vehicle using it for hire.

James River historically hasn't settled many case's. Think of James River as app insurance, not real insurance.

Currently there are 250 plus injury related cases in Miami Dade Courts, in typical Uber fashion they play the legal system. ..for James River is based offshore.

Last edited:

hangarcat

It's considered an asset in bankruptcy
it's not that you would lose it you'll just have to pay off the value of it in bankruptcy the creditors will get paid
Really? How much is that? Well your handle suggests you maybe you had legal instruction.
Otherwise 100% correct. Go 'Canes!

Last edited:

miamiu

Forward earning as well as education..as well as various degrees are fair game in bankruptcy. There is no longer a quick out of any monetary situation.

Does anyone know of any cases settled by James River? And how did the driver end up being compensated? .

Even the car jacking last night...just to see this no insurance situation in action.

How do you explain to your personal insurance carrier I was driving down the road and I stopped in North Miami to say hello to a random guy with a Ak47. And the guy stole my car and my job.

BlackCar535

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Forward earning as well as education..as well as various degrees are fair game in bankruptcy. There is no longer a quick out of any monetary situation.

Does anyone know of any cases settled by James River? And how did the driver end up being compensated? .

Even the car jacking last night...just to see this no insurance situation in action.

How do you explain to your personal insurance carrier I was driving down the road and I stopped in North Miami to say hello to a random guy with a Ak47. And the guy stole my car and my job.
Exactly. This guy already told the police he was an uber driver and was making a pickup so im sure its all in the police report for the Insurance company to see.

hangarcat

I've long wondered whether Uber/Raiser LLC/ James River "Insurance" Co. LLC settled adverse judgements with operating income or inverstor's capital.

Uberdrivingsux

My question was why would I care if the insurance coverage came from operating income or investor capital , I don't as long as there is coverage . If anyone has any first hand experience or documented story of James River not covering then let's here it . Trolls not welcome , including you .

phuseche

LOL hahahaha .... I guess you must get creative and say things like "When I am tense at night and I cannot sleep, it calms me down to cruise the hood and meet poor homeless people that I see by the side of the street. I meet the most fascinating personalities."

By the way, we are always talking here about James River and Uber. What about Lyft? Any better or same siht?

Last edited:

The Mollusk

My question was why would I care if the insurance coverage came from operating income or investor capital , I don't as long as there is coverage . If anyone has any first hand experience or documented story of James River not covering then let's here it . Trolls not welcome , including you .
Spend about 5 mins on Google. It'll let you know who James river is and you'll see the claims of slow pays start stacking up. You know their headquarters is in Bermuda, right ?

Uberdrivingsux

Spend about 5 mins on Google. It'll let you know who James river is and you'll see the claims of slow pays start stacking up. You know their headquarters is in Bermuda, right ?
I just did , I had to spend quite some time to find one bad review , again you are just a troll . Anyone else with firsthand knowledge of James River