• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Insurance policy insures the entire trip for the driver

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Allstate to begin offering insurance to drivers and riders

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) - As ridesharing continues to grow in popularity, one insurance company is taking steps to help protect drivers and riders on the road.

Allstate now offers commercial driving insurance for Uber in Utah. Allstate had previously been offering the service only in Illinois, New Jersey, New York, and Wisconsin. Their coverage has now expanded to Utah, Alaska, Idaho, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming.

The insurance policies insure the entire trip for the driver, starting from when a driver-partner turns on the Uber app, to rider pick up and during the trip. Riders are protected at no additional cost every time they take an Uber.

The expanded insurance offerings will also apply to Uber Eats drivers.

“We know consumers are embracing the sharing economy,” said Allstate Executive Vice President Tom Troy. “We want to grow by protecting people from life’s uncertainties, including those within this emerging market. We’re excited to expand our partnership with Uber and bring Allstate’s legacy of safety to even more people.”

Dammit Mazzacane

Something doesn't add up. Allstate already offers a rideshare endorsement in WA. And, why would it cover all three periods as reported?

So, does this supplant James River? Is that the story here?

PR source for that Utah story (search Google for "allstate utah prnewswire uber"): https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/allstate-expands-protection-for-uber-driver-partners-riders-to-11-more-states-300805608.html

Allstate Expands Protection for Uber Driver-Partners, Riders to 11 More States

Insurer now provides commercial coverage for Uber in 15 states

Allstate logo. (PRNewsFoto/Allstate Insurance Company) (PRNewsFoto/)

News provided by
The Allstate Corporation
Mar 04, 2019, 09:02 ET

Share this article

NORTHBROOK, Ill., March 4, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Millions of people use Uber every day to get around. Whether those Uber rides are in chilly Anchorage, Alaska or in sunny Las Vegas, they are now protected by Allstate in 15 states.
For the past year, Allstate has partnered with Uber Technologies, Inc. to provide commercial insurance protection to riders and drivers in Illinois, New Jersey, New York and Wisconsin.
Coverage now expands to Alaska, Idaho, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
The policies, managed by Allstate Business Insurance, insure the entire cycle of an Uber trip, from when a driver-partner turns on the Uber app, to rider pick up and during the trip. Riders are protected under the Allstate policies at no additional cost every time they take an Uber.
Allstate's expanded commercial coverage for Uber also includes its fast-growing food delivery service in certain states.
"We know consumers are embracing the sharing economy," said Allstate Executive Vice President Tom Troy. "We want to grow by protecting people from life's uncertainties, including those within this emerging market. We're excited to expand our partnership with Uber and bring Allstate's legacy of safety to even more people."
"We are committed to ensuring our riders and driver-partners are protected throughout each and every trip," said Uber's Vice President of Safety and Insurance Gus Fuldner. "We are excited to expand our partnership with Allstate and look forward to working together for the safety of our communities."
SOURCE The Allstate Corporation
Related Links
http://www.allstate.com

Also from this source

Feb 22, 2019, 11:00 ET Allstate to Present at Raymond James 40th Annual Institutional...

Feb 20, 2019, 11:00 ET Allstate to Discuss First Quarter 2019 Earnings With Investors...

Explore

More news releases in similar topics

Post automatically merged:

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
I wouldn't trust it. I'm in Wisconsin and here's what they sent me. I'm keeping my gap insurance which only costs about $100 a year.

toingubera

$100.... a year? I’m paying $300 a MONTH.
Checkout Geico's Rideshare Commercial insurance, $143 / month.

I'm moving to Progressive, which uses a rider, so I don't have to pay "extra" for rideshare insurance.

Also have you looked at coverages for James River? $50K when without a passenger, a huge change from $1M (I believe) from before.

DexNex

I'm moving to Progressive, which uses a rider, so I don't have to pay "extra" for rideshare insurance.

Also have you looked at coverages for James River? $50K when without a passenger, a huge change from $1M (I believe) from before.
No change. State minimum.

DayDreaner

Allstate to begin offering insurance to drivers and riders

View attachment 302044

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) - As ridesharing continues to grow in popularity, one insurance company is taking steps to help protect drivers and riders on the road.

Allstate now offers commercial driving insurance for Uber in Utah. Allstate had previously been offering the service only in Illinois, New Jersey, New York, and Wisconsin. Their coverage has now expanded to Utah, Alaska, Idaho, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming.

The insurance policies insure the entire trip for the driver, starting from when a driver-partner turns on the Uber app, to rider pick up and during the trip. Riders are protected at no additional cost every time they take an Uber.

The expanded insurance offerings will also apply to Uber Eats drivers.

“We know consumers are embracing the sharing economy,” said Allstate Executive Vice President Tom Troy. “We want to grow by protecting people from life’s uncertainties, including those within this emerging market. We’re excited to expand our partnership with Uber and bring Allstate’s legacy of safety to even more people.”

Thanks, just got new policy with them here in Denver, so I'll check it out, had travelers insurance and it went up $700, no tickets or accidents in 40 plus years, they would lower $136 a year if I took a driving class! Really after 60k miles last year. BS

Seattle_my_beloved

Thanks, just got new policy with them here in Denver, so I'll check it out, had travelers insurance and it went up $700, no tickets or accidents in 40 plus years, they would lower $136 a year if I took a driving class! Really after 60k miles last year. BS
What is your total premium for six months?

K-pax

Geico wanted to charge me about $400 a month for that to insure one car. I insure two cars with State Farm, including rideshare gap insurance for about $300. Keep in mind, I have a pretty clean driving record. I’m married with kids, and in my 30s. My credit isn’t good, but that’s about it. I told them just where they could stick that commercial policy.

aspacepig

Geico wanted to charge me about $400 a month for that to insure one car. I insure two cars with State Farm, including rideshare gap insurance for about $300. Keep in mind, I have a pretty clean driving record. I’m married with kids, and in my 30s. My credit isn’t good, but that’s about it. I told them just where they could stick that commercial policy.
Geico sucks.